Dear BIA members,
Based on member feedback, we will begin sending weekly updates from the Town of Oakville on the progress of the Lakeshore Road Revitalization Project. Below is the latest update for the week of May 13-17:
What to expect:
- Work will continue on the installation of the new watermain at Navy Street and working towards Dunn Street.
- A second crew is scheduled to begin the installation of the new watermain starting at Dunn Street working westbound towards Navy Street.
- Line grinding and repainting to resume on Lakeshore Road, Robinson Street, side streets and at the old Fire Station at Navy Street.
- Additional signage to be installed at various locations on Lakeshore Road and side streets.
What you will see on site:
- Watermain crew to continue with the pipe installation at Navy Street heading eastbound. This operation will involve an excavator and trucks.
- The concrete road base at Dunn Street will be saw-cut and removed by a second watermain crew for the trench to install the new watermain. This operation will involve an excavator and trucks.
- 2 additional ambassadors to begin working every Saturday in downtown, moving forward, starting from May 18 to further assist pedestrians in downtown.
Construction updates are also available on the Town of Oakville website at: https://www.oakville.ca/residents/lakeshore-reconstruction-streetscape-navy-allan.html
Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area
146 Lakeshore Road East (2nd Floor - West Office)
Date: May 15, 2019