Join the BIA Board of Management
Dear BIA members,
Are you looking for more ways to be involved with your downtown? Please consider joining the BIA Board of Management! Your expertise and passion for the downtown, combined with your desire to work in cooperation and positivity with your fellow BIA members is what shapes the downtown.
The BIA Board of Management has a vacancy and is thus looking to fill the position for the remainder of the term (Immediate to January 31, 2018).
We are asking all interested parties to submit an application by November 10, 2017.
WHAT DOES A BIA BOARD MEMBER DO?
- Provide strategic direction to BIA initiatives that support the overall purpose of the BIA
- Represent the interests of the downtown BIA membership both as a whole and as a representative of your industry
- Attend all regularly scheduled board meetings (approximately 10 per year)
- Support BIA board approved initiatives via: aiding in dissemination of information to members and public; presenting positive and respectful representation of approved initiatives, participating as appropriate in approved initiatives, providing knowledge/expertise as it may pertain to BIA activities and initiatives
- Attend select BIA and/or Town of Oakville meetings as required
The BIA Board of Management Selection Sub-committee will review the applications in consideration of the board’s current needs and make-up. The board endeavours to maintain a well-rounded board with members who have expertise that support the key functions of the BIA, as per below.
- Stakeholder Relations
In addition to seeking out these key functions the board endeavours to represent a wide variety of business types, to the extent that is possible given fulfillment of the aforementioned key functions.
The Selection Sub-committee will narrow the applicants to 2 – 3 individuals who will be invited for interviews with the Sub-committee. The interviews will be used to aid the Sub-committee in their final selection.
We value diversity and welcome nominees from all businesses, backgrounds, race, religion, creed, gender, orientation, and otherwise.
Board Members shall receive no remuneration, either directly or indirectly, for services rendered as a Board Member, but may be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses incurred by them in representing the BIA upon approval of the Board.
If you would like to apply to be considered for the vacant position please submit an application
by November 10, 2017.
Thank you for considering the BIA Board of Management!
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area
146 Lakeshore Road East (2nd Floor - West Office)
Date: November 1, 2017