Elf on the Shelf in Downtown Oakville
Dear BIA members,
The Downtown Oakville BIA wants to partner with you! This year we’re working with Khachi Design Group to bring Elf on the Shelf to Downtown Oakville.
What is Elf on the Shelf?
The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition is a 2004 children's picture book. The book tells a Christmas-themed story, that explains how Santa Claus knows who is naughty and who is nice.
At the North Pole, Santa has many helpers who make the Christmas season special! His scout elves serve as his eyes and ears in homes around the world. Elf on the Shelf is a scout elf who monitors who is being naughty and who is nice. Changing locations nightly leading up to Christmas.
This holiday season there will be a life sized Elf on the Shelf in Downtown Oakville. Changing locations between different businesses as he keeps an eye on Downtown Oakville.
Elf on the Shelf in Downtown Oakville will launch at the Tree Lighting Ceremony on Friday, November 18, 2016 and run as an Instagram contest till December 18, 2016.
To encourage the public to follow as many Downtown Oakville stores on Instagram as possible in order to find out where the elf is.
How it works:
- The Downtown Oakville BIA’s account (@Oakvilledowntown) will give hints to what store the elf is in and the store that has the elf at that time will post pictures to their account.
- Time that the elf spends at each store will be determined by how many stores wish to participate.
- The Downtown Oakville BIA will pick up and deliver the Elf on the Shelf to all participating businesses
- The public will be encouraged to track all the locations in order to enter to win a shopping spree.
- Contestants will enter to win one of three $500 shopping sprees in Downtown Oakville by emailing their list of locations to email@example.com. All complete lists will be enter in a random draw to win. Winners will be announced on December 21, 2016.
For questions or more information contact Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org
Downtown Oakville Business Improvement Area
146 Lakeshore Road East (2nd Floor - West Office)
phone: 905-844-4520 (x.12)