English Christian Joint Winter camp
begins in 24 hrs please pray !!
The snow is falling, rooms are allocated, 7 English team members are in Hungary, on their way, or packing as I write ...
We're expecting around 100 people as we put together a joint camp with ~25 leaders and ~ 75 teenagers coming from 12 churches we partner with. It's both exciting and daunting. We'll be thinking about terrorism, change and hearing God speak to us from Acts 9. The amazing conversion of the enemy of Christianity terrorising people until the day he meets with the Lord Jesus Christ and is changed and commissioned to a surprising new role. Please pray that we would work together well across the churches and denominations; that teenagers would be encouraged to live for God again, or for the first time and for safety over the whole weekend.
We would also value prayers as we think about the work of Acorncamps going forward for the next five years. We are grateful for all God has allowed us to be a part of in the first five years based in Hungary - but feel there is more to be done. Please pray for wisdom, discussions and meetings with the right people, and clear guidance on how to best use our time, resources and gifts.
As a family we're now reading Revelation which David tells us is his favourite book! We've asked him to do some drawings of what happens which will be interesting. It's a delight to hear their questions and learn together, even if we don't understand everything. As someone once said - 'Easy book to understand with one simple point: God wins!!"
Thanks for all your prayers, particularly about the UK conference in January. It was a very encouraging time, and a help for us in growing the work.
Please find as always some prayer and praise points to fuel your prayer - and do sign up to Acorncamps prayer feed via prayermate if you'd like to receive the daily pray requests.
Praise God for …
- A delightful short break in UK for the wedding of Anna (our colleague & good friend) and Sanyi.
- Our weekly Thursday-night bible study which is both encouraging and exciting as we've opened it up once a month to be more evangelistic for anyone interested in chewing over a topic ('faith' was the first one and 'suffering' is our next topic).
- Kids enjoying reading the Bible together (Revelation!)
- 100 people applying for winter camp meaning that we didn't have to share the camp site.
- Financial support came in for our new worker Krisztián Tóth. It's such an encouragement to have him as part of the team.
- Great encouraging UK conference. The Hungarians were so grateful for the opportunity to visit The Oakes, Christ Church Fulwood and then onto the conference. So much was learned and please pray we'd put into practice and pass on lessons learned.
Please pray for …
- Safe travels for us as a family as we return to the UK for Easter. (22 March - 5 April)
- Zsófi & Réka attending Mums & Daughters weekend at The Oakes, UK (16-18 March) Please pray it would be a special fun bonding time, and learning together about God.
- Evangelistic evenings for friends - 1st March = Boys meeting to think about topic of suffering
- 3 March: Andy teaching 'How to teach the bible to young people' (am) and 'Youth leaders and Parents working together" (pm) at a large national Youth leaders conference
- 5-11 March: Langham Preaching Conference. Please pray for the work of teaching how to do good expository preaching and for Andy as one of the national leaders. Pray we'd also be encouraged and trained as a team together.
- Five-year vision: Pray for wisdom as we prayerfully consider how to focus our time, gifts and resources to best equip and serve the Hungarian church.
Please click here
to subscribe to Daily prayer items (via Prayermate
) for ACORN
Peeking into April ...
Lots of prep for the summer camps plus:
10, 17, 24 Expository Bible-teaching workshop
Andy leading youth groups with two churches
Acorncamps Mission Week Training week in Sheffield
With lots of love
Andy, Zsófi, David, Réka & Emily