Thursday, December 12
Our most popular stories this week, along with editors' picks:
Here are the highlights:
- We held a conference on disinformation with top political and media thinkers
If you missed it, you can watch it here.
- How fiction can defeat fake news
"Good, meaningful fiction does not confirm preexisting beliefs."
- The Washington Post reveals "secret history" behind the war in Afghanistan
The Pentagon Papers redux.
- Fox News coverage of two mass shootings was different from other networks
How the outlet reported on tragedies in El Paso and Dayton.
- A common error writers make in their copy
"Eggcorns," and other incorrect homophones.
- The tragic story behind a Harper’s article shows the dirty truth about fact-checking
The rise and fall of facts.