Thursday, July 18
Our most popular stories this week, along with editors' picks:
- Tech reporters fight a worrying problem
Since when was Silicon Valley so hostile to journalists?
- Just say 'racist'
Trump's weekend tweets were racist. Why didn't major outlets say so?
- One journalist who did say 'racist'
A promising start for Norah O'Donnell on the CBS Evening News.
- A racist talks about racism
CNN gave a platform to a white supremacist. Our reporter was unimpressed.
- When the border is local news
The NYT and a local paper teamed up to cover a mysterious detention facility.
- Covering women's sports with few women
"Sports writing has long been disproportionately male. The Times sports section now stands out for being exceedingly so."