Thursday, April 2
Our most popular stories this week, along with editors’ picks:
Here are the highlights:
1. Curing local news for good
As COVID-19 creates an opportunity for fast-moving bailouts, what should be done for local journalism?
2. The history of ExxonMobil’s propaganda
How the oil giant has spread false information for over a century.
3. The miscalculations of coronavirus journalism
Adequately contextualizing data is imperative. So is admitting that sometimes, we just don’t know everything.
4. Can live TV become journalism again?
Journalists can’t hand live news coverage over to their subjects
5. The inner workings of conservative news organizations
22 journalists and 14 editors at online conservative news organizations give insight in the latest Tow Report.
6. Why has Cuomo become so celebrated?
He deserves a more critical approach from the media.