What you should know.....
Registration link - https://www.docclub.co.za/rsvpmaker/doc-april-2021-vaal-ride/
Volunteers - we need 4 abled bodies to assist with the dishing up of food in the kitchen at Stillbaai. Please contact Glenda on 082 903 5554.
06h00 - meet at Engen garage on R59 and drive through to Stillbaai, or just meet there.
07h30 (sharp) - cycle back as a group to Rietvlei. Pace 20km average (no support vehicle).
Option 1 - (88km)
06h30 – park at Rietvlei and cycle to Rand Water Board, to be there by 07h00 for registration. 07h00 – meet at Rand Water Board. Registration Desk will be open from 06h45.
07h30 – Yellow group departure
07h35 – Green group departure
07h40 – Blue group departure
Option 2 - (65km)
07h45 – Meet at The Circus and be ready to leave with various groups, any time from 08h15 onwards.
Option 3 - (45km – new stop)
± 09h30 - at the end of the tar road, just passed Suikerbosrand Nature Reserve.
is approximately 40km from Stillbaai - ice cold Coke, water, banana bread, dough nut, date squares & sweeties
Destiny Tours (for transportation by bus to various start points & back home – must be prebooked & prepaid before departure!)
Contact Elsie or Tommy
Phone: 060 989 3231
WhatsApp only: 082 463 2887
Collection & Drop-off Points:
R 50 per person from Rietvlei to any of the drop-off points (one way).
R100 per person from Stillbaai back to Rietvlei.
06h30 – meet Tommy at Rietvlei to load your bike and yourself for either of the drop-off points.
07h00 – Rand Water Board
08h15 – Circus
Terms & Conditions
- Numbers will be restricted to the first 150 paid-up entries (includes cyclists, non-cyclists & children).
- RSVP is non-negotiable and registration will close at 12h00 on Thursday, 08 April.
- Price per person which includes fully stocked water point, pap, Mrs Batman’s famous tomato & onion gravy, 2 salads, boerie roll & ice cream:
- Cyclist: R100
- Non-cyclists & children: R50 per person.
- Water Point only: R50
- Entry to Stilbaai is R30 – please have exact amount available.
- All registrations must be prepaid.
- Bank: Nedbank
- Acc Name: M D Segers
- A/C No: 2008578933
- Branch No: 152042
- A/C Type: Savings
- Name & surname as reference & proof of payment to be sent to email@example.com
- Meal tickets will be handed out at RWB or start point as indicated on your registration – no ticket no meal no exceptions.
- If you have not registered & paid, you will not be allowed to ride further than the Circus.
- Please allow extra time to register and start arriving at Rand Water Board by 06h45.
- Covid protocol to be adhered to at all times – remember your mask/buff.
- Strictly 2-abreast on the tar roads.
- Young adults under the age of 18 are not allowed to ride from RWB to the Vaal but may start at the Circus.
- Don’t forget to give your bike a ‘once over’ to check that everything is in good working order.
- You will unfortunately still be liable for payment in the event of bad weather or should you decide not to ride at the last minute. This event is catered for by the number of RSVP's received.