We plan to work with State Government Departments in order to
- Provide good practice advice
- Contingency plans - for all levels of impact
- Advice for protocols for staff if they have traveled or are showing any symptoms which include shortness of breath or cough, with or without a fever.
- HR guidance – For example if staff are forced to quarantine should employers provide extra personal leave, make arrangements for the employee to work remotely?
- What to do if a client shows symptoms (this can just be a common cold)?
- Continuation of vital community services if a client diagnosed with COVID-19
- Service Continuation - A joined-up approach that ensures that the vulnerable groups our members serve continue to be effectively supported. There is potential for increased demand on services such as emergency relief if casual employees are forced into self-isolation or reduced work due to down turn in the economy.
- Contract management, will services be penalised if they can’t deliver on service deliverables?
Shelter WA will share information with you regularly as it becomes available to us.