The Arts Extravaganza is one week away and below is key points you need to know.
Alert Level Action Plan:
The Prime Minister has indicated that the next Alert Level decision will be made on Monday 21 September with the possibility
of people outside Auckland returning to Alert Level 1. Therefore there are two outcomes that could be announced on Monday:
Arts Extravaganza Programme
- We remain at Alert Level 2 = the Arts Extravaganza night will be cancelled automatically with the Prime Minister’s announcement. Instead on Thursday 24 September, as a school only, we will organise for students to perform to a student audience during the school day. These items would be videoed and the recorded performance made available to our community on Friday via a secure link.
- We move to Alert Level 1 = the shift would occur from Tuesday and the Arts Extravaganza night will continue as planned. Two large marquees will then be erected on the school site on Tuesday so preparations and practices can occur during the week.
Starting at 4.30pm on Thursday 24 September and finishing between 6.30-7pm
- Tennis Court: Welcome/Karakia
- Kapa haka performance (whole school)
- Opening of the Scooter Track and honouring of the Friends of School
|First Set Main stage: (30mins)
- Senior Group Soundscape
- Ella G - Dance
- Alexis, Shania, Pyper, Emma – Dance
- Max B - Song
- Abigail - Dance
- Charlotte G - Dance
- Siena Y - Song
- Pippa G - Dance
- Libby + Flynn - Song
- Phoebe - Dance
|Second Set Main stage: (25min)
- Matai - Poi/Drama
- Flynn + Keats - Song
- Tyrone - Song
- Bryn - Keyboard
- Morgan - Guitar
- Kaelah - Keyboard
- Theo - Guitar
- Mitch - Drums
- Lucas M - Keyboard
- Ashleigh - Dance
|Third Set Main stage: (20min)
- Rawe - Drama
- Amber + Avril - Dance
- Chris M - Keyboard
- Jonny M - Keyboard
- Lily + Daisy - Dance
- Kaitlyn - Dance
|Forth Set Main stage: (25min)
- Senior Group Drama
- Tyler, Will, Alfie - Magic Show
- Senior Group Dance
- Staff Item
- Large marquee will be used as the main stage.
- PGG marquee will house the food court.
- Activity Centre will display all student visual art for your perusal during the night.
Families are welcome to move between the different settings throughout the night as long as they are mindful and respectful of those who are performing on the main stage.
The following food types will be served by different vendors in the food court: soup, Korean fried chicken, burgers, waffles/pancakes, bacon and egg butties, milkshakes, pasties, sandwiches, Indian food and desserts. Coffee will be provided by two coffee carts.
Please remember to bring cash
Entrance is $10 per family
to go towards the cost of setting up and hiring the large marquee. PGG are kindly donating their marquee for the event.
A programme will be given to you at the gate.
Depending on the ground conditions we could open up some of the school field to park 4x4 vehicles. A decision around this will be made closer to the time and announced via the school app. Please follow the direction of parking wardens who will be wearing visi-vests.
Our staff and students have worked hard on their items and this is a significant event for the school community. We look forward to seeing the wider family (including grandparents and cousins) there on the night!