Save the Date: 16 Sept 2015
Press conference on MiFID II with MEP Markus Ferber, EBF & IOSCO
- In January 2017, the MiFID II Directive will become applicable with the aim of making financial markets more efficient and transparent. In their transposition work, national authorities are facing challenges requesting the expertise of well-trusted bodies.
EFPA, the association representing the financial planning and advisory professionals, has conducted a Voice of the Market study based on a series of conversations with leading stakeholders to assess how recent market and regulatory changes will shape Europe's financial advisory world.
To compare points of view on these issues, you are cordially invited to attend EFPA's press conference on 16 September - with the following speaker lineup:
- How should the industry confront customers' distrust of the financial industry?
- What are the key trends and the expected role of financial advice and planning?
- How do we tackle the need to improve financial literacy among customers?
- Mr Markus Ferber, Member of the European Parliament and rapporteur on MiFID II Regulation
- Mr Wim Mijs, Chief Executive of EBF (European Banking Federation)
- Mr David Wright, Secretary General of IOSCO (International Organisation of Securities Commissions)
- Mr Josep Soler, EFPA Chairman (Moderator)
We ask you to kindly register via the official attached invite to reserve your place for the press conference. Thank you.