November 2016 Newsletter!
Greetings MaSHers and friends!
Thank you Steve for the presentation on cleaners and sanitizers! There were a number of options mentioned that I didn’t even realize were available. Steve’s presentation documentation is available on the Knowledge page for anyone interested.
Thank you Bob for offering to host the holiday party! It will be on Dec. 7th at Bob’s house with address information to follow in a separate email that will just go to club members. It’s currently planned from 6-10. Please plan on the following:
- Holiday potluck – Please bring a surprise app, entrée, side, dessert, etc. My plan was to just be a random item but if someone really wants to organize a signup genius list please feel free to do so. I like the luck in potluck personally.
- Holiday Beer Swap – Please bring in a few homebrew beers to swap with other members. Generally however many you bring you may also take home. This can be a holiday brew or just what you currently have on tap.
- Officer positions up for election – The VP and Treasurer positions are up for election. If you’re interested in an officer role please let me know. As always there are non-officer board seats open. I don’t believe we have any set limit on these so anyone interested is welcome.
- We’ll have the usual feedback foyer and beer tasting in addition to the bonus holiday items. Also an update on club news, what’s going on and what’s upcoming for next year. This is also a great time to bring up feedback, suggestions and other items for discussion.
- There will be some raffle / giveaway items as well!
The quarterly style is Dark Mild, category 13A from the 2015 BJCP style guidelines. Presentation information is on the knowledge page as well. Entries are due Dec 3rd at J&M by 5PM, if you can’t make that date please let me know and we can work something out.
Eric is heading up the Social Media committee. If you want to help out let him or I know. Check out the links to Instagram, Twitter and Facebook on the website at the bottom of the pages. Feel free to follow us!
Marin County Fair 2017 – This will actually be starting up again soon. Please let me know if you’re interested in helping! Even if you only want to work on certain parts there is plenty to do. For example the fair booth decoration, judge organizer, head steward/steward organizer, entry sorting/tracking, etc. There really is plenty to do and it’s a fundraiser for the club.
January meeting – Sours discussion and presentation, new quarterly style presentation
2017 Napa Homebrewers Classic! This great event is coming up soon. Plan to enter some brews, assist in judging or just attending. Full details on the blog page.
Marinwood Happy Hour Feb 10th 6-9 with local homebrew. More details to come.