Founder's Day Updates
1. Seven reasons for coming along to the Singing Group on Founders Day 2.00 - 4.00pm:
* This year we've selected:
- To sing a small selection of interesting (maybe new) music - nothing too difficult but with an element of challenge*.
- Full support on the piano from an expert accompanist (thank you yet again to Judy Thompson).
- Friendly atmosphere.
- Fun way to re-connect with old friends.
- Rehearsal follows an excellent lunch (12.30pm in School Hall - email email@example.com to book your lunch).
- Keep warm and dry (whatever the weather outside!!)
- Provide a few moments of relative 'culture' with a very informal performance during tea in the Hall
I Wish I Knew How (better known as the TV theme tune to Film '92, '86 etc...)
Pushbike Song (Mungo Jerry)
Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)
Just turn up on the afternoon of Saturday 5th November 2016 ready to start at 2.00pm , Upper School site. But please feel free to contact Annabel Edwards (nee Overton) on Annabelchat@aol.com with any queries.
2. Revised Founder's Day timetable: 5 November 2016
0845: St Mary's Church opens
1015: Coffee break in the 6 Form Centre (it seems people always like to have a good chat at the coffee break so we've extended it))
1145: Start of AGM in Library
1100: School tours
1230: Lunch with music (cost £12)
1345: Start of Sports
1400: Music in afternoon 1400
1530: Raffle #2 and tea
3. Exhibition on Founder's Day
I’d be grateful if you did a plug for this year’s exhibition ‘Entente Cordiale’, which will feature the school’s links with other schools in other countries abroad and pupils from overseas who are or were OTs. The first location will be in the sixth-form social area and available during the coffee hour and then in the School Hall during lunch time.