Dear Friends of the Orinda Library,
We are excited to announce that the Friends are joining with the Educational Foundation of Orinda (EFO) to present a new event: READ Orinda, a communitywide read-a-thon taking place Oct. 6—12.
READ Orinda is designed to:
- Encourage all Orindans to spend time reading—reading to others or to themselves.
- Promote conversations among friends and neighbors about books and the importance of reading.
- Build a sense of community and show how much we value reading and literacy.
- Increase awareness of the work done by the Friends and EFO in Orinda.
- Raise some money for both EFO and the Friends to support the work they both do in supporting school libraries and the Orinda Library.
Tomorrow, you’ll receive an email which will allow you to join in the fundraising portion of READ Orinda if you would like to do so. You may respond online, or if you prefer you can pick up materials at the Orinda Library (a log to track your reading and a flyer explaining how the program works). You can also find the flyer, calendar of events, and reading log here.
You may wish to make a donation yourself, or ask family, friends and neighbors to sponsor your reading. Perhaps you donated to all your children’s fundraisers and they’re now grown. How about asking them to sponsor you now? If you sign up online, simply send them the link to your participant’s page.
Tomorrow, you will receive an email with a link to your participant's pledge page. You do not need to login or change anything. Simply donate whatever you wish, and share your participant's link with friends and family. We are hoping for 100% participation, so no amount is too small.
If you do not receive the email for whatever reason, simply search and find your participant's online pledge page here: https://99pledges.com/fund/readorinda.
Thank you for supporting reading and libraries! And did we mention there are prizes? Check it out!