Well, We made it to another summer, and while the past month has been quiet for Ilios on the public front, there has been a ton of activity within the team.
As you can see above, all quadrants have returned to green this month, and our monthly assessments of status will begin again at standard baseline, now that we are rapidly moving toward a full rescinding of pandemic lockdown orders and other restrictions. As of this month, Ilios is in strong form for both development and community.
Some of the items addressed in the last month include:
- v3.88.0 released with PHP 8 support and major updates to the Symfony code engine;
- First live, in-house codejam and roadmap review session since the start of the covid-19 crisis in February of 2020;
- notable expansions of process automation (to improve productivity), test coverage for code
One significant outcome this month was the opportunity to review the feedback and impact of many of the interface and learner-facing updates and additions that have been made in the past 2.5 years. Much of this was responsive to the demands of the pandemic and newly increased remote learning needs. Others were items that were introduced or modified recently in our efforts to better align with interests. With feedback from our most recent student survey, we have identified a number of areas where we are either going to look at introducing new features, or update existing ones, as part of our roadmap for the next 18 months. Among these:
- Expanding our existing plans for student checklists associated with materials and activities;
- Providing better viewing modalities into weekly learning activities;
- Improved learning material download capabilities;
- Improved view organization and navigation for event detail pages
We continue to move ahead with our pre-existing roadmap, with improved reporting, user preferences, and other coreimprovements, and look forward to sharing progress on all this between now and January 2022.
CURRENT STATUS: GREEN 4/4
Next Scheduled Release: 16 July 2021
Current Version: v3.88.0
Please be sure to updates your systems to get the latest, greatest code!
The latest code for download and update, as well as the complete changelog, is available here:
The changelog for updates specific to the frontend can be viewed here.
Tired of managing updates? Information on Ilios Hosting is available here
Training, Learning, and Collaboration Opportunities
We continue to develop our online user guides. They are available at https://iliosproject.gitbooks.io/ilios-user-guide/content/