THIS WEEK IN ILIOS
To all who may be celebrating, Eid al-Adha mubarak!
And to everyone generally, welcome to the end of July, and another week of Ilios information and updates!
ILIOS IS COMING: We are now midway through our release-freeze period, with our launch of the updated API and latest code for Ilios scheduled for Friday, August 7, 2020
. We look forward to a release with not only the API update, but a ton of great enhancements, new features, and bugfixes. These include the new "Student Advisor" role, improvements to the offerings manager, bugfixes for name displays, learner group displays, pre-work and ILMs in the "Activities" tab, and much more.
if you have questions please don't hesitate to send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
CURRENT RELEASE: v3.78.0
NEXT SCHEDULED RELEASE: v.3.79.0
SCHEDULED RELEASE DATE: 7 August, 2020
As noted last week:
API v3 UPDATE. Between release and the end of calendar year 2020, the updated API will run in parallel with the existing v1 API; at the end of December we will be deprecating the v1 API entirely, so please be sure to convert all connected systems and analytics to the updated API prior to December 31, 2020. Admins and Data users please note -- If you currently connect directly to the database for analytics, the following tables and columns will be deprecated with the release of the API, and removed after December 31 2020:
- department (no replacement)
- objective (replace with program_year_objective | course_objective | session_objective)
- objective_x_mesh (replace with program_year_objective_mesh | course_objective_mesh | session_objective_mesh)
- objective_x_objective (no replacement)
- program_year_steward (no replacement)
- session_description (incorporated into session)
COLUMNS (Parent tables will remain - only the noted columns are affected):
- course_x_objective::objective_id (moves to course_objective)
- session_x_objective::objective_id (moves to session_objective)
- program_year_x_objective::objective_id (moves to program_year_objective)
- program::published (completely deprecated)
- program::published_as_tbd (completely deprecated)
- program_year::published (completely deprecated)
- program_year::published_as_tbd (completely deprecated)
We strongly encourage you to review all analytics and update accordingly prior to December 31 2020
If you require assistance or examples for updating queries, please let us know at email@example.com
We also encourage any institutions still connecting directly to the database tables for analytics to take this opportunity to move toward using the API for all data sharing and extraction from Ilios.
Public versions of the API documentation can be found here: https://ilios3-demo.ucsf.edu/api/doc/
If you have any questions. please contact firstname.lastname@example.org