Welcome to another edition of the Ilios Status Report!
We continue this month with rapid development, improvements to architecture, performance, and features for virtual remote learning support. Please update to the latest release, v3.83.1
, to take advantage of these changes.
We remain in "pandemic mode", with outreach & communication quadrant in yellow; all other areas remain in the green.
Another successful Curriculum Inventory season has come to a close; I hope that all contributing schools found this season to be relatively painless and smooth for your reporting!
The new improvements to the platform to address the needs of remote and virtual learning continue to be enhanced and improved; if there are items or areas that are of interest or concern to you for this ongoing need, please don't hesitate to let us know. We love your feedback!
The latest code for download and update, as well as the complete changelog, is available here:
: There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes in the work the team does that may not be obvious to ilios users. This month, I wanted to highlight some of the achievements of the Ilios team, who remain an amazing group doing amazing work. There is so much that is addressed on a daily basis, but never is seen by you as users, and yet is vital for your experience to be maintained and improved. Among the more than 160 code commits from this past month, here are just a few items to give an idea of the work:
- Found and corrected a number of upstream bugs in our dependency libraries and open source services;
- continued the work to future-proof and update our underlying code for upcoming version updates to our underlying technologies and web frameworks;
- continued to advance our AWS architecture to improve on-demand performance and secure optimization;
- Refactored the offering manager to provide you a better working experience
- Improved the dashboard functionality under the hood for better, faster responsiveness;
- Enhanced the checking of zoom links for remote learning, to better test for accuracy and validity;
- Improved the management of user-generated tokens, for connecting to your external calendars and apps;
- Corrected an issue querying MeSH via the API;
- Worked on group management under the hood to improve the user experience and workflow.
That's it for this update. If you have any questions or comments, please let us know.
The Ilios Team
Current release: v3.83.1
Next update scheduled: 20 November, 2020
Please be sure to updates your systems to get the latest, greatest code!
The changelog for updates specific to the frontend can be viewed here.
WE CAN HOST YOU
Join UCSF and our premier Ilios institutions! Get automatic upgrades, always stay on the most current releases, and enjoy the security of knowing that your servers are being managed by the core Ilios team! We can help migrate your existing Ilios, or if you are new to Ilios we can spin you up an original setup. Interested in having us host your Ilios instance in our secure production environment? Let us know!
Check out https://www.iliosproject.org/hosting/
and if interested, please contact us
for additional details, pricing and more info.
Training, Learning, and Collaboration Opportunities
We continue to develop our online user guides. They are available at https://iliosproject.gitbooks.io/ilios-user-guide/content/