THIS WEEK IN ILIOS
No release this week, but we have updated the frontend with a number of key improvements, including enhancements to the administration tools, some bugfixes, and other improvements.
Current Version: v3.84.0
- Year selector in Admin Console fixed
- Leadership management form bug fixed
- Bulk user upload bug corrected
- My Profile page code updated and improved
Next scheduled release: 11 December, 2020
DID YOU KNOW?
Did you know that you can download the entire competency map of your program directly from Ilios? It is simple to do:
1) Navigate to "Programs and select your desired Program.
2) To get a snapshot of the map of a specific cohort to date, simply select that cohort's Program Year ("Class of XX"); to get a complete map across all years of a curriculum, select the most advanced cohort's Program Year (eg, the Program Year associated with the cohort of your most recently graduated (or about to graduate) students. For a 4-year program right now, that would look something like "Year 2016-17 [Class of 2020]";
3) open up the Objectives panel in your selected Program Year;
4) the onscreen display will show all the mappings of all Program Objectives and their associated courses and course objectives, along with their parent competencies. To download the entire map as a spreadsheet, simply click the "Download Competency Map" button at the top of the Objective list.
if you have questions please don't hesitate to send us a note at email@example.com
The latest code and the complete changelog for this release, as always, are available for download here:
WE CAN HOST YOU
Get automatic upgrades, always stay on the most current releases, and enjoy the security of knowing that your servers are being managed by the core Ilios team! We can help migrate your existing Ilios, or if you are new to Ilios we can spin you up an original setup. Interested in having us host your Ilios instance in our secure production environment? Let us know!
Check out https://www.iliosproject.org/hosting/
and if interested, please contact us
for additional details, pricing and more info.
You can now plug the Ilios events & calendar dashboard, as well as the course manager, directly into your LTI-compatible LMS pages. It's as easy as clicking your mouse (two or three times). In order to deploy, you will need to be provided with a secure access key. Please email us for complete instructions at firstname.lastname@example.org
: Are you interested in getting a focused training for your power Ilios users and managers in your school or institution? We can do that for you: 1.5 - 2 days of focused training on the most effective ways to leverage Ilios as power users, and deliver information to your students and faculty in the best way possible, custom-tailored for your needs and methodologies. Please contact us
if you are interested.
How to Update Your Frontend:
The Ilios frontend is always up-to-date on our content-delivery servers at Amazon S3, but you will need to regularly run a console command on your backend instance in order ensure that your users are seeing the latest version and that they are getting all the latest features and bugfixes. To make sure you users are receiving the latest frontend code at all times, just follow the steps described here:
Though you will probably never need to deploy the Ilios 3 Frontend on your own servers, the source for the frontend code can always be found at https://github.com/ilios/frontend/releases.
The changelog for updates specific to the frontend can be viewed here.