APRALO-APAC Hub Webinar – What are IDNs and what does it mean to you?
In collaboration with the APRALO Capacity Building Webinar Series
Do you know that characters used in top-level domains (TLDs) extend beyond ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) including other scripts such as Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Devanagari, Japanese and others? To determine valid TLD labels in these scripts and their variants, however, community input is very important. Join us to find out more about IDNs at our webinar session and learn how you can play a part! The proposed agenda is as follows:
- Introduction to Mr. Sarmad Hussain, IDN Program Senior Manager at ICANN
- What are Internationalized Domain Names?
- What does it mean to you?
- IDN Work at ICANN
- Sharing by APRALO representative: IDN from the Label Generation Ruleset (LGR) panel perspective (TBC)
- Why and how you can be involved
* Kindly note that Universal Acceptance of IDNs will not be a focus topic at this introductory presentation.
Questions: Please submit questions in advance to help us better tailor the webinar to the needs of the APAC region. Send your questions and RSVP to email@example.com by 3 April. We look forward to your active participation.
Feel free to share with your friends and colleagues in your community as well.
Date: 9 April 2015
Time: 11:00 – 12:00 Singapore Time / 03:00 – 04:00 UTC (Time zone conversions can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/APACWebinar-9April2015 )
Adobe Connect: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/apacmtgrm
Mobile Users – Download the free Adobe Connect App:
How to connect audio: Once logged in from the link above, Adobe Connect will offer three options on how you would like to join the audio conference. Please choose one of the options on the screen and select click “JOIN” (you will be able to listen and speak during the call at designated times) or “LISTEN ONLY” (you will not be able to speak during the call, however you can ask questions via the chat pod):
1. Dial-out => you will receive a call from the meeting after you enter your full phone number including country code, e.g. +1-415-555-1234 – Adobe Connect will call you immediately on the number you provided.
2. Dial-in => using toll free numbers linked below – only choose this option if you are unable to listen to Adobe Connect from a computer or unable to provide a phone number for Adobe Connect to dial out to.
Dial-in Numbers: Complete list of Country dial-in numbers
||645 127 3995
||1 800 804 786
||+400 613 8103
|Hong Kong (Toll Free)
||800 901 787
|India (Toll Free)
||000 800 1008 367
|Indonesia (Toll Free)
||001 803 016 2541
|Japan (Toll Free)
||0120 305 211
|Malaysia (Toll Free)
||1 800 816 152
|New Zealand (Toll Free)
||0800 452 947
|Philippines (Toll Free)
||1 800 111 013 99
|Singapore (Toll Free)
||800 616 3192
|South Korea, Republic of (Toll Free)
||00798 6136 1454
|Taiwan (Toll Free)
||0800 666 596
|Thailand (Toll Free)
||001 800 6136 1473
If you are new to Adobe Connect, please view this short (14min) "How-to" video on how you can better utilize and interact with Adobe Connect: (http://learn.icann.org/course/view.php?id=92)