IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION FOR RUNNERS AND WALKERS
Law Society of Ireland, Blackhall Place, Dublin 7
REGISTRATION: 9.15 - 10.15AM
RUN START: 11.00AM
Come as early as possible to avoid any queues and to ensure that we can get everybody registered for the 1Escape warm-up at 10.30am.
Sponsorship Card and Money
- We hope that collecting sponsorship for the run has gone well and anyone who has raised €120 or more will get a free BBQ ticket which is our way of saying thank you for making such a huge effort. All participants will also receive a free goodie bag containing a technical t-shirt and other goodies.
- You still have a few more days for that last push so please do your best to raise money for The Hope Foundation and Peter McVerry Trust.
- On the day, please bring your sponsorship card and money and/or your 'idonate.ie' printout (where applicable).
- NB: Cheques should be made payable to “The Calcutta Run”.
- For anyone who requires a receipt of sponsorship monies given or would like to fill out an appropriate certificate for tax relief purposes, please ask your registrar and they will direct you to the appropriate person.
- 9.15am - 10.15am
- You are required to wear an official race number on the front of your t-shirt to participate. Please register to collect your race number.
- No teams can be registered for the DX Team Challenge on Saturday morning.
Fitness and Health
- There will be a bag-drop facility at Blackhall Place at which you can leave small items while you are on the run/walk. All belongings will be left at your own risk.
- Note: there are no changing room facilities or showers at Blackhall Place itself - so you will need to arrive in your running gear.
- Remember to bring sunscreen / warm gear and waterproofs depending on the weather on the day.
- Be prepared! You must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenge of the run. Ensure that you have done adequate training and your fitness levels are suitable to the manner in which you intend participating. It is unfair on both yourself and the organisers to push yourself to a point of collapse, or worse. Please be realistic!
- Be hydrated! Make sure that you arrive at the event completely hydrated (which means, in medical terms, you have drunk enough liquids to have clear urine). Water will be provided before, during and after the run. However, please bring whatever water you feel is necessary, particularly for before the Run and please hydrate between now and Saturday morning.
- Hold the Beers! As you know, alcohol dehydrates. Please cut down the night before the event and make sure you are suitably hydrated after the event before celebrating.
- Bring medication! If you require medication (e.g. asthmatic, diabetic etc.) please make sure you have it with you and alert medical support staff on the day. NB: Please complete the medical info sheet on the reverse side of your Race number.
- Be Well Fed! Make sure that you have eaten a proper meal before attempting the Run.
- The shorter 5k route, which is largely on the 10K footprint, departs from the 10k route after the Zoo where runners take a left hand turn down Spa Road and Lord's Walk, re-joining the 10K route at the junction of Lord's Walk and Chesterfield Avenue (where runners will turn left). As a general point, please try to keep on footpaths and cycle paths (which will be closed by Gardai) as much as possible. Please see attachment for both the 10k and 5k routes.
Food, Drink and Entertainment
- Safety is our priority. The Gardai will be escorting the lead car and runners on the 10K route. Blackhall Place will be closed for 10/15 minutes while the Run gets underway and the North Road/Back Road in the Phoenix Park will be closed for approximately 30 minutes while the Run passes along the route. However, all the other roads are open so participants should stay on pathways and not roadways. There will be stewards along the route to stop traffic for runners but walkers will be stopped for traffic.
- All participants must exercise the normal care and attention and run/walk on the pathways as directed by stewards. Please obey the instructions of stewards at all times.
- Participants take part at their own risk. Neither the organisers nor the charities accept responsibility for any loss, accident or injury occurring on the day.
For the kids
- Free fruit and water will be available for all participants.
- Please collect your goodie bag next to the bag drop area in the Green Hall.
- A DJ will be playing and refreshments available, as well as a BBQ. The BBQ will be €5 per head for participants who did not reach the fundraising target. The more the merrier so make sure you bring along your friends and family.
- Coffee, tea and treats will be available for purchase in advance and after the run.
- As well as bouncy castles, there will also be kids' mini athletics with goodie bags for participating kids.
- The Law Society of Ireland is located in Blackhall Place, Dublin 7.
- LUAS stops (Central Zone on the Red Line) near Blackhall Place are Smithfield and the National Museum of Ireland.
- Bus routes serving Blackhall Place are 37, 39, 39A or 70. From the city centre, go to Burgh Quay. You can also take the number 90 bus which runs between Connolly DART station and Heuston Station each way (starts 6.25a.m. and stops 10.00a.m.).
- Unfortunately there will be no parking in the Law Society on the day. However there is parking available in Queen Street underground car park (daily rate of €7).
Please note: You, as a participant, understand and agree that by taking part in the Calcutta Run you are doing so entirely at your own risk, and you agree that the organisers of the Run will not be held responsible under any circumstances for any accident or injury sustained by you before, during or after the event, nor for any theft, loss of, or damage to any property left in the “bag drop area” or elsewhere at or about the premises of the Law Society before, during or after the event. To the extent that you may have any claim and/or right of action against any of the organisers of the Run, by taking part in the Calcutta Run you waive such claim and/or right of action.