March 2019 Newsletter
Hi <<First Name>>,
Happy March Madness!
Well, we're almost through the worst of winter! C'mon spring!!
I want to share a story of why I wholeheartedly believe in, and promote, getting travel insurance protection for any trip.
At the end of January, my clients, Jimmy and Gary went on Carnival Vista to the Western Caribbean. The first four days were great, as you can see from the pictures below. On the fifth day, while in Grand Cayman, Jimmy started having chest pains and went to the hospital. They diagnosed his pains as a heart attack. The doctors performed surgery and put a stent in his heart. He had to stay in the hospital for several days. The hospital set Gary up to stay in the hospital room with him. Carnival gathered their belongings from the ship and sent them to the hospital.
After Jimmy had recovered well enough to travel, they were flown home, accompanied by a nurse.
Thankfully, Jimmy is fine now! However, although they had the travel protection from the cruise line, only MOST of the costs were covered. If they had taken the travel protection through the company I use, Travel Guard, every cent would have been covered.
Please, please always get travel protection insurance no matter where you're traveling. I have outlined the special coverages that travel protection insurance offers in a section below on this newsletter.
Everyone has cabin fever now-- what a great time to be dreaming about a fabulous vacation!
- That trip you always wanted to go on to Ireland, is available this November- 1-8, 2019!
- Wouldn't you love planning a beautiful cruise to the Mediterranean- Oct. 19-26, 2019?
- How about a cruise to the enchanting Caribbean-- leaving right out of New York Harbor, Aug. 19-27, 2019?
- Take a weekend getaway to wine country in the Fingerlakes for a tour of some of the finest wineries in New York? (Aug 10 & 11, 2019).
I'm already planning 2020 Scotland and a river cruise to France.
May the luck of the Irish be with you!
Kathy and Mac
Upcoming trips for 2019 : CLICK ON THE BLUE LINK TO SEE THE CORRESPONDING FLYER ON OUR WEBSITE WITH MORE DETAILED INFORMATION
Upcoming trips for 2019:
“Where the destination and the Traveler come together to fit like a glove. Let us show you the world!”
We can customize any trip, vacation or destination that you desire. You show up, we do the rest! We handle everything here-- and there!
For more information about designing a tailor made trip to Europe, which is my expertise, please contact me at: http://email@example.com /
Mac's Hot Safety Travel Tips
> Do you know that 911 is not universal number? Some countries have a different numbers to call in case of emergency. When traveling, be sure to have the local emergency number for the country you're visiting. Save these numbers to your phone in case you have an emergency.
> Ask your neighbors to keep a watchful eye on your home while you're away. Provide them with your phone number and a trusted friend to contact if something needs attention and is not an emergency.
My physical therapist from Priority Physical Therapy, Allison Brewer, has some great tips on protecting your body from travel injuries. Here are a few she shared with me:
> When on a plane, train or automobile, it is essential that you take a few minutes to get up and walk around to prevent stiffness and blood clots.
> Stretch your back, move your legs and raise your arms above your head with a good stretch.
Priority Physical Therapy LLC
Allison Brewer PT, DPT
Gary and Jimmy on the Carnival Vista!
Eastern Caribbean- Carnival Cruises Sunrise (Formerly Triumph)- Aug.
Carnival Cruises "The Fun Ship" - Sunrise- recently refurbished and gorgeous! Just hop our private luxury bus to New York, and be whisked away to the sultry Caribbean!
Depart New York, NY:
Western Mediterranean- MSC Cruises- Divina- October 19-26, 2019
Experience the culture of Europe from the beginning to the end of your cruise. MSC Divina is a European vessel with accommodations, staff and cuisine that let's the passenger continue the European experience onboard ship.
7 Nights in Western Mediterranean:
Leaves Genoa, Italy
For more information, click on the link below:
Italy Palermo (Monreale)
Italy Cagliari, Italy
Palma Le Mallorca, Spain
Arrives Genoa, Italy
An Ireland Adventure- Journey's Connect Nov. 1-8, 2019
Belfast, Derry, Ballyfarnon:
Truly the adventure of a lifetime!
For more information, click on the link below: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fdSuyIyeQKKrRmOIt2E4Pr-sEgSz3cyg/view
- Accommodations feature all 4-Star hotels
- Breakfast each morning
- 4- three- course dinners
- Titanic Experience
- Historical Belfast City Tour with a local guide
- The Giant's Causeway
- The Guinness Storehouse
Why use KathyMac’s Travel services to plan your dream vacation instead of booking the trip on your own?
The internet is a wonderful, useful tool to book your own trip. In some cases, you may find great deals, and it is tempting to grab the best price for your vacation. However, those prices don’t always include fees, taxes and other service charges. Nor do they give you assistance on traveling to and from airports, or have a contact should you have an issue during your trip. You are on your own. If you’re traveling to a foreign country, this can be very scary and possibly dangerous.
When you book your vacation with KathyMac’s Travel, you will always get exact prices, and no hidden costly surprises. Guaranteed. You have the peace of mind that you and your family have someone to take care of any issues that might arise during your trip. KathyMac’s Travel is with you every step of the way, in case you need help, and will work on your behalf should you need assistance. We offer peace of mind and valuable vacation experiences!
What we do for you-
- Meet with clients to discuss trip, budget, expectations.
- Contact vendors to get best price and accommodations. Research tours and other sites that would make the trip more meaningful.
- Arrange for Pre- and Post- packages** when applicable.
- Arrange for transportation to and from the airport or cruise port.
- During your trip, should any issues arise, KathyMac’s Travel is there for you 24/7.
** Pre packages include transportation to hotel near departure airport the day before trip, which gives peace of mind and no worries about delays in traffic to get to the airport. In some cases, local tours are included.
** Post packages (applies to Cruise’s only) include transportation from the cruise ship to a hotel or the airport, whichever is appropriate for the trip.
Should you get travel insurance- Yes or No?
KathyMac’s Travel offers Travel Guard through AIG. We ALWAYS recommend purchasing travel insurance when traveling—especially when traveling out of the country. The cost is so minimal for the peace of mind and benefits that the coverage offers.
The cost of insurance is based on your age. For example, a 60year old individual’s cost is $39.00.
100% reimbursement of trip cost for cancellation
- Travel medical assistance- emergency medical requests, including prescription replacement assistance, physician referrals, medical evacuations (if you need to be flown home for medical reasons). Will speak with medical personnel on your behalf at medical facility regarding payment. Will arrange and pay for for professional medical assistance, if necessary, to accompany you when traveling home.
- Worldwide Travel Assistance- any travel emergency including lost, stolen or delayed baggage, replacing lost passport , emergency cash transfers, 24hr hotline to make emergency travel changes, such as rebooking flights, hotel reservations, tracking lost luggage.
- Concierge Services- Assists with restaurant referrals and reservations, tee time reservations, sporting or theater tickets, etc.
- Personal Security Assistance- includes evacuation assistance and safety advisories
150% reimbursement of trip cost for interruption
$750. Trip interruption- return air only
$750. Trip Delay (Max. $150.00/day)- pays for accommodations while you’re delayed
$250. Missed connection – pays towards your rescheduled flight
$1000. Baggage & Personal Effects- If your baggage is lost or stolen
$300. Baggage delay- in case of delayed baggage and you need to purchase clothing and personal items.
$25,000- Accident Sickness Medical Expense
$500,000- Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation of Remains
$10,000- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Even if you have life, health, home and auto insurance policies coverage, there may be limitations if you travel out of the United States.
** This summary is a general overview of the GOLD coverage through TravelGuard. Please feel free to inquire about the details of your specific needs.