Breathing a sigh of relief now that school holidays are over and the kids are back at school again?
To ensure your kids are breathing easy as well, protect them from colds and flu's this school year!
At school and childcare, kids are exposed to a host of bacteria and viruses and are often susceptible to infections. The start of the school year is the perfect time to boost your child’s immunity, so that they stay strong and healthy throughout the year and don’t fall victim to frequent infections.
A sick child can quickly spread their germs around the family, requiring time off school and having a big impact on family life. Developing robust immunity is essential to every aspect of childhood development. In fact, healthy immunity in children sets the stage for good health well into adult life!
Herbs and Nutrients For Boosting Immunity
As well as probiotics, these Natural Medicines may also help boost your child’s immunity.
- This immune stimulating herb has a long history of use for fighting viral and bacterial infections. A clinical study has shown Andrographis to powerfully reduce the intensity of cold symptoms, such as tiredness, sleeplessness, sore throat and nasal secretions.
• Vitamin C
- Vitamin C increases the activity of infection-fighting white blood cells. It also inhibits viral growth and reduces incidence of the common cold. Vitamin C has been shown to be most effective when given with zinc.
- Zinc is crucial for normal development of white blood cells, the body’s main defence against infection. Zinc deficiency can dramatically reduce your child’s ability to fight bacteria and viruses, making them more susceptible to picking up infections.
Simple Steps to Strong Immunity
To support their immune system, these diet and lifestyle tips may help:
• Ensure your child eats plenty of vegetables and fruit every day
• Ensure your child eats protein-rich foods in each meal or snack
• Ensure your child drinks plenty of water
• Reduce sugary foods and sweets, as these can suppress optimal immune function
• Avoid or limit processed foods, additives and artificial flavours
• Ensure your child has adequate sleep and rest
• Encourage regular exercise
Talk to us Today!
Your Practitioner can help you keep your kids healthy this year. Healthy kids are happier, behave better, need less time off school and cause less disruption to the smooth running of family life.
MNMC have a full range of products that are formulated specifically for children and best of all they taste great! Enquire today or try the samples next time you pop into the clinic.