We are not even two months in to the New Year and the world seems to be speeding up again. With the busy-ness of modern life and constant demands by technology, perhaps you fine it harder to relax or you react to things that never seemed to bother you? Or do you find it hard to maintain concentration and keep focus? Perhaps “being in the Flow” or the Zone is a mythical concept to you.
If you believe the Chinese philosophy of astrological influences, we are in the year of the Wood Horse and we are told it will be a ‘galloping year of full pace.’
Therefore this year, more than others you may need a few extra tools in your kit to unwind. Techniques to help you quickly reset and come back to a space of calm and relaxation. A space from where smart and considered decisions can be made, a way you can re-energize when you choose, enjoy the good stuff in life and easily deal with the tough stuff when it decides to visit.
So before the tension in life decides to tighten like an elastic band, becoming a dangerous missile, you may like to Strengthen your Calm Muscle
. Build your resilience and, like a reliable old friend, it will always there to help out.
Tips to say good-bye to Anxiety and hello to Calm:
- Avoid cafes when you feel the tension building. The noise is too much. Sit in a park.
- Choose to walk everywhere. This will help you slow down, noticing new things.
- Switch off. Turn the technology off. TV, Radio, Facebook, Twitter, Email…. We are on call 24/7 and if we stop ‘toggling’ for a few hours a day, we feel like we are back in control.
- Go to bed early. An hour of sleep before midnight is worth two hours after midnight.
- Sit and eat at least one meal a day without distraction (reading, talking, tweeting…)
- Find at least 5 – 20 minutes a day for stillness. Once you are in the flow, you wont know how you lived with out it.