Following the Government of Alberta's announcement earlier this week concerning new health and safety measures to control the spread of COVID-19, we have been working to adjust our operations in line with these measures. The wellbeing of our community will always remain our top priority.
In line with this, we have made the decision to adopt the Restriction Exemption Program, meaning that effective Monday, September 20th, we will require all visitors aged 12 and older to show proof of one of the following in order to gain access to the facility:
- Government-issued proof of COVID-19 single vaccination as long as the latest dose was given two (2) or more weeks prior to attendance.
- Note that after October 25th, proof of COVID-19 double vaccination will be required.
- Note that government-issued ID will also be required to authenticate proof of vaccination.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test, taken within the previous 72 hours prior to entrance (either PCR or Rapid Test).
- Documentation of a medical exemption.
Please note that as the Genesis Centre is a polling station for the federal election this Monday, September 20th, everyone regardless of vaccine status, will be able to vote at the polling station. This will also be the case for the upcoming civic election in October. Ushers and stanchions will support with way-finding and access in this regard.
Accessing the facility:
Masks are required:
- Upon entry to Genesis Centre facilities, staff will ask you to present one of the three required documents listed above in order to access the facility.
- Once provided, you will be granted entry. If you are unable to provide any of the above, you will not be given access until you are able to provide one of the three required documents to be given permission to enter.
- The Calgary Public Library, Genesis Medical Clinic, and Genesis Physiotherapy will remain accessible to anyone via alternate entrances.
- Masking regulations remain in effect (see below for more info).
- Genesis Centre team members will be highly visible around the facility to help answer any questions/provide support.
Masks are not required:
- In common areas (including entrances, the main lobby, hallways, change rooms, spectator areas, etc.).
- If you are spectating (I.e., not actively participating in an activity).
- When you’re participating in any physical activity.
- For kids under the age of 2.
- If you have an underlying medical condition preventing you from wearing a mask.
Thank you for your attention to these communications, your ongoing patience and understanding as we navigate through the effects of this pandemic, and your support of our organization. If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 403-590-2833.
- Genesis Centre