Find more information on all of our events on our website or facebook page! We have surpassed 1300 followers on facebook and we are so excited to know we are reaching so many people who are close by! For more information on the events below, please click on the Underlined title.
August Town Hall meeting - Meet the Arc!
St. Edwards Episcopal Church on Harrisburg Pk
The ARC of Lancaster will be here to tell you about the services they offer as well as to answer any questions you may have for them. Dinner and childcare are provided free of charge.
Spooky Nook Soccer World Cup Event and Raffle
12:00 - ?
Spooky Nook Sports Complex
Gary Ross, the Director of Soccer Operations for The Nook is holding an event for adults and kids to watch the World Cup game on July 13th. Rossi is putting together a raffle and the proceeds from the raffle will be donated to LDSA! We are very excited about this generous offer and the event itself, quite honestly! There will be tons of activities for the kids as well as the adults. The game will be playing on big screens and there will even be a band!
LDSA First Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser
tee time 1pm
Four Seasons Golf Course
Golfers receive a round of golf, cart, swag bag, and dinner! Great donation opportunities available. Proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards our sports clinics, family grants, and other educational opportunities!
Salad Works Fundraiser
We are working with Salad Works on a great fundraiser. We sell cards that have about $40 worth of coupons for $10 and we keep $5. One of the coupons is for a free salad, which can be upwards of $9, so with one use, you already almost pay for the card! The money raised from this fundraiser will go towards paying for the sports clinics. We are also going to allow people to bank this money into an account to specifically pay for their child's sports clinics. Contact us for more information!
LDSA has so much in the works right now! We are very excited about our forward momentum and want to take a moment to tell you about it all!
- Sports clinics - we are working with the Nook to offer soccer clinics for the fall for people with developmental delays. The clinics will be once a week for 4 weeks and just repeat as we have interest! The clinics will work on a buddy system where the child who is registered will be able to bring a buddy (parent, older sibling, caregiver, etc) to help them during the clinic. The area we will be holding the clinic is fully enclosed - so no worry about kids wondering off! We are also working with Accelerations gymnastics to offer a gymnastics/tumbling clinic as well. We will be using our money from the raffle, the golf tournament, and the Salad Works fundraiser to help pay for as much of these clinics as we can cover.
- New Parent Bundles - we are putting together new parent bundles for families with a new diagnosis of Down syndrome. Each family will receive a blanket, a booklet on Down syndrome, some information on our group and what we provide, and a resource sheet. We are very excited about this new venture!
- School collaboration - LDSA is actively seeking to connect with educators to determine how we can help them help us! We will let you know as we meet with the different schools and work out these plans!
- Community Collaboration - Our Town Hall Meetings are open to everyone! Please keep checking our events as we have some exciting meetings coming up!
- Community Calendar - please keep checking the calendar on our website for upcoming events in the community! As we learn about them, we will post on our calendar, upcoming educational opportunities we feel could be valuable to our followers. If there is a group or event you think we should know about, please let us know!