Find more information on all of our events on our website or facebook page! We are almost at 1000 followers on facebook and we are so excited to know we are reaching so many people who are close by! For more information on the events below, please click on the Underlined title.
May Town Hall meeting - Behavior!
5:30-8:00 (Place still TBD - check our website and facebook page for updated location)
With children who have developmental delays, including delayed communication, sometimes behavior is more than your typical testing the boundries issue and sometimes it’s not! That can be very frustrating for children and parents alike. Kiki Davis is an occupational therapist from S. June Smith/Excentia. She currently works mostly with children 0-3, but her knowledge is vast and she’s anxious to help answer questions and give lots of great tips!
LDSA First Annual Casino night Fundraiser
Join us at the Eden Resort for a great night of blackjack, poker, roulette, and craps! There will be great food and a cash bar as well. This event is open to everyone! All proceeds will go to grants for organizations in the community to help them continue or expand on their already inclusive practices. Click here for a Grant application.
Virtual Run/Walk/Roll to support the IDSC
July 12 (notice date change)
Join us at Daniel's Den for a BOYP (Bring your own picnic) and help support the International Down Syndrome Coalition by registering to run/walk/roll 3.21 miles! The IDSC has extended their fundraising time frame, so we have too!
LDSA First Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser
Four Seasons Golf Course
Golfers receive a round of golf, cart, swag bag, and dinner! Great donation opportunities available. Proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards our sports clinics, family grants, and other educational opportunities!
LDSA has so much in the works right now! We are very excited about our forward momentum and want to take a moment to tell you about it all!
- Community Grants - we are raising money to give back to organizations that actively promote inclusion for people with disabilities.
- Sports clinics - we are working with 2 locations to offer all sorts of sports clinics for children with disabilities. LDSA is hoping to fully subsidize these clinics so they are free! Please stay tuned for more information.
- School collaboration - LDSA is actively seeking to connect with educators to determine how we can help them help us! We will let you know as we meet with the different schools and work out these plans!
- Family Grants - as the money becomes available through our planned fundraisers, we will have money available for families to attend educational seminars and conferences! Look for it here!
- Community Calendar - please keep checking the calendar on our website for upcoming events in the community! As we learn about them, we will post on our calendar, upcoming educational opportunities we feel could be valuable to our followers. If there is a group or event you think we should know about, please let us know!