Find more information on all of our events on our website or facebook page! We are almost at 1550 followers on facebook and we are so excited to know we are reaching so many people who are close by! For more information on any event below - click on the underlined title!
August Town Hall meeting - Meet the Arc!
St. Edwards Episcopal Church on Harrisburg Pk
The ARC of Lancaster will be here to tell you about the services they offer as well as to answer any questions you may have for them. Dinner and childcare are provided free of charge. Childcare is provided by Pequea Pals!
LDSA First Annual Golf Tournament Fundraiser
Tee time 1pm
Four Seasons Golf Course
Golfers receive a round of golf, cart, swag bag, and dinner! Great donation opportunities available. Proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards our sports clinics, family grants, and other educational opportunities! With just over a month to go - now is the time to register! Get your foursome registered so you can join the fun!
Pequea PALS 5K
Saturday, October 4th @8am
Silver Mine Park
Pequea Pals is a ministry of Pequea Church that is passionate about including all families with special needs. This race will financially assist those who want their children involved in camps, sports and recreational activities with added costs. Let's run for these children! LDSA is sponsoring a water table at this event and we would love to see you all there! We could use some help with the table - handing out water and definitely walkers!
Salad Works Fundraiser
We are working with Salad Works on a great fundraiser. We sell cards that have about $40 worth of coupons for $10 and we keep $5. One of the coupons is for a free salad, which can be upwards of $9, so with one use, you already almost pay for the card! The money raised from this fundraiser will go towards paying for the sports clinics. We are also going to allow people to bank this money into an account to specifically pay for their child's sports clinics. Contact us for more information!
Thank you to everyone who came by the Nook for the World Cup Soccer Event and Raffle! Your support of LDSA through the raffle is very much appreciated! I hope you had a great time - I know my kids did!
LDSA has so much in the works right now! We are very excited about our forward momentum and want to take a moment to tell you about it all!
- Sports clinics - we are working with the Nook to offer soccer clinics for the fall for people with developmental delays. The clinics will be once a week for 4 weeks and just repeat as we have interest! The clinics will work on a buddy system where the child who is registered will be able to bring a buddy (parent, older sibling, caregiver, etc) to help them during the clinic. The area we will be holding the clinic is fully enclosed - so no worry about kids wondering off! We are also working with Accelerations gymnastics to offer a gymnastics/tumbling clinic as well. We will be using our money from the raffle, the golf tournament, and the Salad Works fundraiser to help pay for as much of these clinics as we can cover.
- New Parent Bundles - We are putting together new parent bundles for families with a new diagnosis of Down syndrome. Each family will receive a blanket, a booklet on Down syndrome, some information on our group and what we provide, and a resource sheet. We are very excited about this new venture! We have already delivered bundles to many local hospitals!
- School collaboration - LDSA is actively seeking to connect with educators to determine how we can help them help us! We will let you know as we meet with the different schools and work out these plans!
- Community Collaboration - Our Town Hall Meetings are open to everyone! Please keep checking our events as we have some exciting meetings coming up!
- Community Calendar - please keep checking the calendar on our website for upcoming events in the community! As we learn about them, we will post on our calendar, upcoming educational opportunities we feel could be valuable to our followers. If there is a group or event you think we should know about, please let us know!
like on Facebook
| forward to a friend