Location change, this weekend, and more.....

Hello!  I've been watching the weather forecast for tomorrow (Thursday) and Peavine looks horrible due to the chance of rain and high winds.  Sorry to change the location but I want to move to a more protected spot with less chance of rain/wind.  Also Hoge Road is horrible for parking if wet/muddy.

Spread the word!  Change of location for tomorrow!

April 13:  Toll Road.  5:45 start to allow driving to the new location.  We will meet at the end of the pavement on Toll Road.  Directions: Take Geiger Grade off South Virginia and go through the traffic circle.  Soon after that you will turn Right onto Toll Road.  Follow until the road gets rough.  I will be there by 5:30 so you will know where to park.  The Toll Road climb is very protected and typically dry.  We are racing on Saturday thus this will not be a hard effort hill climb.  The climb is very technical in sections due to flooding and this will be a good spot to work on technical climbing skills, get some climbing fitness, and stay out of the wind.  Disclaimer:  We will ride up the climb to the Virginia Highlands then descend the same route.  The descent is fine if under control but due to flooding and erosion would be dangerous at speed.  All athletes will be expected to remain under control on the descent.  Please do not take risks during this team ride.

This weekend...we will NOT have a team ride.  For those not racing NV City please get out and put some miles in this weekend.  Do some fun endurance your endurance.

NV City Series Race is Saturday.  It will be muddy.  Be prepared.  If you did not purchase a USA Cycling license you can buy a 1 day at the event.  If you have questions about USA Cycling licenses please check the email I sent several months ago on the subject.

Sea Otter:  I have received confirmation from Veronica G, Peter H, Crispin H, Jackson M, Ried I, Arturo O, Mya D, Drew S, Alec R, Ryan P, and the Nugent clan.  Anyone Else?

If you plan to pre-ride the course at Sea Otter please do so on Friday.  Do not ride the whole course on Saturday and race Sunday.  If you are arriving Saturday plan to pre-ride the start and the last few miles of the loop only.  I can provide more guidance on this if needed.

Also it is NOT advised that athletes racing on Sunday in the XC spend the entire day at the expo, on their feet, and in the sun on Saturday.  It will fatigue your legs and impact your race performance.  I recommend pre-ride Friday and tour expo on Friday to get autographs and swag.  Then limit expo time to about 2 hours on Saturday. 

Utah Race:  I have confirmation from Ried I, Crispin H, Jackson M, Mya D, and the Nugent clan.  Any others?

I will email the training schedule for next week by Friday....busy week and I'm running behind.



Copyright © 2017 Reno Tahoe Junior Cycling, All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp