FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Doug Carter, CEO
The Lifting Children Upward Campaign
Achieves Key Milestones
February 15, 2015
Momentum is building as UPWARD fulfills a long-term commitment to its students, their families and to our community by expanding its programs and enhancing its campus. To achieve this, UPWARD has launched the $5.1 million Lifting Children Upward campaign to add 20,000 square feet of new construction to the existing 2.2-acre campus, bringing the total facility size to 26,000 square feet. This will allow UPWARD to expand its special education, childcare, adult day treatment and pediatric therapy programs.
“The growth and development of UPWARD demonstrates our commitment to offer the complete range of services to children and adults with severe developmental disabilities," said Doug Carter, UPWARD CEO. "At UPWARD, the focus is on skills development, learning, and therapy, conducted in a vibrant atmosphere that stresses ability and fun, and what our patients can do, rather that what they cannot.”
In a little more than 120 days, UPWARD will break ground on its new campus, launching a bold dream.
UPWARD has achieved the following key milestones to date:
Securing financial support.
- Have almost $1 million in pledge commitments
- Secured lead gift of $250,000 from the Kemper and Ethel Marley Foundation
- Completed the Leadership Gifts phase with 100 percent participation by board, executive staff and campaign leaders
- Invited by two foundations to apply for grants totaling $1 million
- Arranging bridge financing for start of construction
Building a solid team.
- Hired project manager to oversee construction and manage costs
- Hired Henrickson Architecture
- Hired Chasse Building Team general contractors
- Enlisted campaign cabinet
- Construction drawings completed
- Campaign plan completed
- Budget finalized
- City permitting process begun
Planned groundbreaking -- July, 2015