Delicious tropical side dish that is easy to make and a great way to use up your leftover Kaffir Lime Coconut Rice.
A New Recipe using ourKaffir Lime Coconut Rice
Mango Skillet Rice Dish
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
What You Need:
- one package Everythingnice Kaffir Lime Coconut Rice.
- one ripe mango.
- 5-6 slices each of red pepper and onion.
- 1 Tbsp butter.
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds.
1. Prepare rice as per package directions or use leftovers.
2. Lightly butter bottom and sides of cast iron pan or glass baking dish.
3. Peel and slice mango and spread on bottom of pan in single layer.
4. Top with rice.
5. Top with peppers and onions.
6. Melt butter and mix with almonds. Spread almonds on top.
7. Bake at 350 F for approx 30-45 min until almonds are golden.
Serve and enjoy
Notes: You can also add diced tofu on top before baking or uncooked boneless chicken thighs for a complete one pan meal.
Months of April & May
March 31 - April 2 - Niagara Falls - Greater Niagara Home & Garden Show
April 8-9 - Windsor - C.C.'s 5th Annual Spring Craft Fair
April 8-9 - Huttonville - 63rd Huttonville Lions Club Spring Craft & Antique Show
April 14 - Ancaster - Ancaster Lions Club Good Friday Craft Show
April 14 - London - 35th London Arts & Crafts Spring Show & Sale
May 6 - Ancaster - Veggie Fest Hamilton
May 6-7 - Milton - Milton Farm Spring Craft Show
May 13-14 - Ancaster - Mother's Day Show
May 14 - Thorold - 39th Annual Thorold Arts & Crafts Show
May 20-21 - Buckhorn - Buckhorn Spring Craft Show
Joining us in our journey to bring healthy, delicious meals to families all over Ontario is The Good Bread Company. A local artisan bakery located in Norfolk County about 15 minutes south of Simcoe, ON in the historic village of Vittoria. Specializing in quality breads, the flours, grains and other ingredients are always the best they can acquire. Their bread list is amazing and even better is the taste!! Check out our Where To Buy section for all their details.
The Good Bread Company 1550 Old Brock Street (Vittoria Road), Vittoria, Ontario, 519-799-5881
Stay tuned for Next Month's Newsletter featuring our Sweet Curry Pasta Saladin a delicious Creamy Curry Pasta Dinner.