- One Package of everythingnice "The Best" Lentil Soup.
- 1-2 Tbsp. of chopped fresh parsley.
- 1 package of Puff Pastry (we used President's Choice Butter Puffed Pastry).
- Sriracha sauce or Dijon mustard.
- 1 egg.
1. Combine soup mix with 2.5 cups of water.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until water is absorbed and lentils are tender (approx. 35-40 min).
3. Allow mix to cool slightly and add chopped fresh parsley.
4. Preheat oven to 400 °F.
5. Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 8 equal rectangular sections
(President's Choice Butter Puffed Pastry is pre-rolled. If you use another brand, roll until approx. 1/4 inch thick and then cut).
6. Spread a line of Sriracha or Dijon down the across the middle of each section (optional).
7. Spoon mixture on to middle, wrap the pastry around, seal the edges.
8. Place cut edge down on baking sheet.
9. Brush each with egg white.
10. Bake at 400 °F for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
Notes: excellent served with additional hot mustard or Sriracha for dipping. Try adding shredded cheese to mixture before baking. The lentil mix can be prepared in advance.
Put aside the traditional ground beef and open up a package of Burgerizer! This brown rice, quinoa and portobello mushroom combination is incredibly versatile. Make it into burgers, balls or a loaf.
These tasty and nutritious beans infuse with flavor as they cook. This dish is a classic and pairs well with so many meals or make a day in advance and fry them up in a bit of butter for breakfast.
Stay tuned for Next Month's Newsletter featuring our delicious Broccoli au Gratinrecipe using our Potato & Herb Soup.