- 1 Package of Everythingnice Wild Mushroom & Barley Soup.
- 2 Cups of soft bread crumbs or finely chopped bread.
- 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- 1 Savoy Cabbage (or pumpkin or turkey or chicken).
Instructions (we used a Savoy Cabbage):
1.Combine soup mix with 2 cups water in rice cooker or in pot and simmer on
medium/low until water is absorbed and barley is tender.
2. Combine barley mixture with bread crumbs and melted butter.
3. Gently separate the leaves of the cabbage while leaving them attached to the stem. Once
you reach the solid middle (hard to separate) cut out the middle. Be careful to
leave the core and stem intact otherwise you end up with a casserole.
4. Spoon barley mixture into middle, wrap up inside layer of leaves and
then spoon mixture around and between the leaves as you move them back over the middle to restore to original shape.
5. Tie with butchers twine and brush the top of the cabbage lightly with oil before putting the lid on.
6. Bake in covered roasting pan with 1 cup water on bottom for 50 minutes
until cabbage is tender.
7. Serve sliced into wedges.
Note 1: This stuffing mix would also be amazing in a pumpkin. Cut off top,
remove seeds, spoon mushroom, barley and bread mixture into the pumpkin. Cover
with top and roast covered in a pan with a little water.
Note 2: Can also use in a chicken or turkey and bake as per standard cooking methods for poultry.
Stay tuned for Next's Month Newsletter featuring our delicious Falafel recipe using our Chickpea & Tomato Soup.