- One Package of everythingnice Texas Chili.
- 1- 28 oz. can of whole tomatoes.
- 1 – 8 oz package of cream cheese.
- 1 – 250 ml. container of sour cream.
- ½ cup diced red peppers.
- ½ cup diced green peppers.
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- 1/3 cup diced green onion.
- 1 avocado.
- 2 limes.
- Tortilla chips.
1. Remove spice package from everythingnice Texas Chili and set aside.
2. Soak beans as per package directions or one of the methods listed on everythingnice.ca.
3. Combine beans with tomatoes, spice package and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45-60 minutes until the beans are tender, stirring occasionally so they do not stick.
4. Combine cream cheese with 2 tbsp of the sour cream and set aside (makes the bottom cheese layer softer and easier to dip into).
5. In separate bowl combine avocado and juice of 2 limes (set aside).
6. Allow chili mix to cool and then assemble as follows:
Layer 1: cream cheese mix
Layer 2: chili
Layer 3: sour cream
Layer 4: avocado mix
Layer 5: red and green peppers
Layer 6: grated cheddar cheese
Layer 7: green onions
7. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Notes: Can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Makes great lunch and school snacks.
Add diced jalapenos to the pepper layer (without seeds/veins) if you like it spicy!
July 1-3, 2016 - Cobourg - 2016 Cobourg Rotary Arts & Crafts Festival
July 23-24, 2016 - Hanover - Hanover Arts & Crafts Show
July 30-31, 2016 - Port Colborne -Canal Days Indoor Craft Show
Month of August
Fruit & Nut Brownies
A new take on the traditional brownie, this vegan, gluten-free recipe is perfect for the whole family.