COME, LORD JESUS! - AS Judge
When Jesus comes back as judge, everyone will face a binary outcome. Either they will be judged righteous and experience the peace and joys of Paradise. Or they will be judged wicked and suffer unquenchable fire (Matthew 3).
John the Baptist’s job was to point to the only way to prepare for a judgment, one where the stakes are that high. Repent! And look to the Lord Jesus. For when Jesus came into our world the first time, it was not as judge, but as Savior. All those whose faith is in Christ have already been judged righteous.
Please, take these words to heart: the reign of God draws near, and his judgment is inevitable. As John the Baptist once said, “All people will see God’s salvation.” The only question is if one sees Christ’s second coming with joy or regret. For those who fail to repent, the coming of the Judge brings certain doom. But his people will see that Judge like a banner on the hilltop, rallying us to his glorious side. Join us for worship this Sunday at 8:00 or 10:30. Make time for Bible Study and Sunday School between services. And take time to read the newsletter and other notes below.
Please keep the following in your prayers:
- Pastor Brian Wrobel, as he deliberates the Divine Call to Riverview to serve as Associate Pastor for Youth and Outreach.
- Brian Werth, who continues to wait for a kidney transplant
Click here to read the December Newsletter. Stay informed about upcoming events, dates and times.
On November 21, a divine call was issued to Pastor Brain Wrobel to be Associate Pastor at Riverview. He currently holds a call at Zion Lutheran Church in Gainesville, FL. Please keep him, his wife Cara and their daughters Charlotte, Lorelei, and Juliette in your prayers. Click here to read his call acknowledgment.
Growing In Grace Update
On Sunday, November 13, Mr. Wolfgramm gave an update on the Growing in Grace campaign and more. If you were not in attendance that Sunday, please view the video by clicking here.
Midweek Advent Worship
Join us Wednesdays through December 14 at 3:30 & 6:30 pm for midweek devotional services wi. (Note: there will not be Advent meals this year). This year’s theme is: “A Savior is Born…”
Free Advent Devotion Books Available
This Advent, discover how the Gospels of John the Elder and Luke the Historian record the details of the incarnation—God becoming man—in a booklet courtesy of Martin Luther College, Word Made Flesh: The Historical Reality of Christmas.
Each of the 25 devotions is prompted by a question about the historical accuracy of the Christmas account. Each reminds us that Christmas is not a sweet children’s story or fairy tale. It is a historical event. In our skeptical times, John and Luke help us reaffirm the objective reality of Christmas.
Pick up your copy in the entryway today. You can also have copies delivered to you digitally in various ways by visiting mlc-wels.edu/publications/seasonal-devotions.
We also have advent devotional books available to borrow in our Church Library.
Advent By Candlelight-Tomorrow
The women of Riverview Lutheran Church invite you to join us for Advent by Candlelight at 6:30 p.m. on December 3 in the Riverview Activity Center. Take time away from the hustle and bustle of the holiday season for fellowship and quiet reflection on the Word of God. All women and girls aged 3rd grade and older are welcome to join us. Desserts will be served.
Share the Good News of our Savior's Birth!
The Christmas season is a time when many people might be open to an invitation to worship. We'll be sending out postcards in December, but no mailing will be received as well as a personal invitation. Think about friends or family who don't regularly attend a church (if you don't know, ask!). Pray for them and for the opportunity to invite them. We now have business cards available with our Christmas service times on them to use as you invite them. Take as many as you want!
Kwik Trip Scrip
Announcing NEW GROCERY ONLY cards for Kwik Trip!! These cards can be used only in the store to purchase grocery items, drinks, hot food, etc. (not good for alcohol, tobacco, or lottery tickets) These new cards will earn a 15% rebate from Scrip! The traditional fuel cards can still be used inside as well as at the pump, but they will only earn the typical 5% rebate.
If you are thinking of purchasing Scrip cards as Christmas gifts, please plan to order early. We aren’t able to keep all the different cards in stock and we want to make sure that we have time to get what you want before the holidays.
Serving this Weekend
- Greeters - Winder & Doran Families
- Powerpoint Assistant - Doran Family
- Ushers - Tom Olson, Mark Diersen, Dave Fischer, Ben Jaeger, Linda Zweig
- Greeters - Loroff and Dobrunz Families
- Powerpoint Assistant - Schewe Family
- Ushers - Dave Miller, Todd Blobe, Ryan Blobe,Jim Heiden, Bill & Linda Wenberg
Worship Times & Links
Sundays 8:00am (livestreamed), 10:30am
Fox Valley Lutheran High School Notes
- Registration is open for boys in grades 7-8 for baseball (registration closes 12/31). Go to fvlhs.org/youth-sports for details and to register.
FVL is accepting applications for a full-time Media Coordinator, a part-time Custodian, a Guidance Assistant, and 1 maternity-leave substitute teacher. Go to fvlhs.org/about/employment for details.
- Information for the 2023 season for Lutheran Vanguard of Wisconsin (LVW), a WELS high school marching band, has been posted to its website. The season will begin with a rehearsal camp on January 7-8 to be held at FVL. LVW is open to all WELS members in grades 8-12. The summer schedule, cost, registration procedures, and more can be found on the JOIN page. Go to lutheranvanguard.org or contact the LVW Executive Director James Neujahr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Families can enroll for Semester 2 at FVL. Contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or 920-560-5105 for details.
- Housing is needed for one male and one female student teacher from MLC from February 26 through May 6, 2023. Neither of them have any allergies or special dietary needs. Please contact Principal Nolte (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or if you are able to help.
- FVL and FVL Schools Bands will hold their concert in the FVL auditorium on Saturday, 12/10 at 11:30 AM. It will also be livestreamed on the FVLHS YouTube Channel.
- The FVL Choirs invite you to attend their annual Christmas Concert on Sunday, 12/18 at 1 PM. The concert is free, and all are invited to join with the choirs as we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus. It will also be livestreamed on the FVLHS YouTube Channel.
- Whether retirement is less than 5 years or more than 25 years from today, you have this special opportunity to hear from experts and get questions answered. Join us for the Retirement Planning seminar at FVL on Thursday, January 19 at 6 PM. Go to fvlhs.org/seminar to register and get information.
Area WELS News
Trinity Lutheran Brillion will be hosting a Live Nativity for the community on Saturday, December 10, at Stone Prairie (Center Road) from 5:00-8:00pm. Come and hear the Christmas story of shepherds in the fields, angels in the night sky, and of our Savior’s humble birth. Actors will portray each role, along with a host of live animals, including a camel! Hot chocolate and cookies will be served. A new presentation will begin every half hour. Plan on joining us! Bring a friend!
- Horns A Plenty Christmas is an organization that offers horn players young and old the opportunity to come together and perform Christmas music for the general public. Guest artists are featured as a way to encourage the education and growth of participants, as well as to add their talent to the performance. This year’s concert will be held in the Fox Valley Lutheran High School auditorium on December 17th at 2:00 pm. Admission is free. Special guest artist is Joe Cradler, a member of The President’s Own United States Marine Band. For more information, please visit their website at https://www.hornsaplentychristmas.com/.