EDUCATION, OUTREACH, ADVOCACY,
Programs and Events
With the onset of Covid-19, most of our education and outreach events were postponed and/or moved online. We continue to upgrade our digital communications tools, revamp existing and create new virtual programming and small group advocacy training opportunities.
The SCCA convenes Conservation Committees to engage regional groups and advocates, build partnerships, catalyze and support conservation projects, education and outreach programs. Efforts we currently support include:
- Elphinstone Electors Reed Road Forest protection.
- GABC Society Gibsons Aquifer protection.
- Tuwanek Ratepayers Grey Creek Watershed and Mount Richardson park boundary protection.
- Review of Environmental Assessments for major projects and plans i.e. OPP, Burnco, WFLNG.
- Ocean's Day - Life Under the Sea
- Research, mapping, conservation and restoration.
- Citizen science, stewardship training, data collection and monitoring.
- Protecting Gospel Rock, Sandy Beach Nature Reserve and Rick O'Neill property.
- Monitoring Mt. Artaban, Brigade Bay Bluffs, Long Bay Wetland Nature Reserves.
- Participating in Nature Reserve restoration projects.