Last week, our church was open for one glorious Sunday before closing down again due to the Purple Tier. We felt God's presence, and He brought us visitors - a family of five and a single female. God blesses!
Dear Members and Friends of Our FLCC Community,
Until we can meet in person again, please join us for remote services and Tuesday night prayers.
Online Sunday Services
For fellowship time, please join the Zoom meeting at 10:15 am and stay after the service to greet people. Service will start at 10:30 am for the live stream recording, and everyone's microphone will be muted during its entirety.
Chinese: 10:15 am, fellowship. 10:30 am, Pastor Sea Faa Chai. Holy Communion.
- Join live stream service on Zoom.
- Or call One tap mobile @ +16699006833,,89413332808#,,,,,,0#,,3535# US (San Jose).
- Meeting ID: 894 1333 2808, Passcode: 3535
- Or go to full access instructions.
- Alternative platform: Watch remotely on YouTube. (No account needed)
English: 10:15 am, fellowship. 10:30 am, Pastor Daniel Goh. Holy Communion.
Note: If you've missed a service, please go to YouTube to view all of our services at a later time.
Let's give a shout out to the Sunday School teachers during this challenging COVID time. Praise the Lord for their faithfulness and efforts on Zoom and other ways to connect. Sonbeams: Angela Lew, Ellen Lee, Teena Low. 412 Club: Linda Woo, Tim Chin, Tony Cheng, Winnie Fong, Ella Jiang, Joyce Mamiya, and Pam Wong. English congregation adults: Dickson Dea, Paul Yee, Winnie Wong, and Pastor Jonathan Dawson.
For the Chinese congregation adults, shout out to Thomas Cheng as the Bible study teacher and Hannah Cheng as the coordinator. Thanks to all for their dedicated ministries!
Blessings and Gratitude
Read Art Chin's and Hannah Cheng's personal testimonies. Their heartfelt sharing is uplifting and reminds us to be thankful in all circumstances. English
Here also is a copy of our slides to thank you
for serving, supporting, and being there for your brothers and sisters throughout this year, before and during COVID. We praise God for all of you!
Weekly All Church Prayer Meetings
Zoom | Tuesdays | 8:00 - 9:00 PM
We had a great turnout at our first all church weekly prayer meeting! The focus was on the family. Many stayed on afterwards and chatted with each other and the kids.
Praying together allows us to enter into the presence of the Lord, worship, and intercede for each other. Each week can have a different prayer focus. The first 20 minutes will be worship time and individual prayers to God, as we wait on Him to speak to us. Then we will pray together.
See you on Tuesday nights!
- Join Meeting. Meeting ID: 865 8119 8738. Passcode: 3535.
- Or call One tap mobile @ +16699006833,,86581198738# US (San Jose).
Praying for Healing
Charles Davis (Marion Yee-Davis' husband) has an aggressive form of cancer and needs to have another test in December in order for the doctors to determine the best treatment plan. Please pray for Charles and Marion as they seek a speedy diagnosis and healing for him.
What’s Baking, FLCC? - Recap
In the perfect tradition of family, giving thanks, and football, Jeanne and the What's Cooking Team gave us a wonderful Thanksgiving Sunday to remember! What...? How did football get into a cooking demo? Click to find out and see the beautiful creations
from Jeanne and Corinna!
What’s Cooking, FLCC?
Feeling the cold lately? Join Hannah Cheng and the What's Cooking team as they steam up a hot home-made mogua (fuzzy melon) soup to take the chill off. Recipe will be shared in advance if you want to cook along.
Demo on Zoom by
: Hannah Cheng
: Mogua (Fuzzy Melon) Soup
: Sunday, December 13
: 4:00 – 4:30 pm
Blessing the Gohs
Pastor Daniel and Pastor Sea Faa have moved to their new one-bedroom apartment. Do you have these items in good condition to donate? Please contact the Board.
- One kitchen island with cupboards for storage (no more than 5 to 6 ft long by 2 1/2 ft wide)
- Four dining chairs
- Two twin mattresses
- Two single sofas or a two-sitter, apartment-sized sofa bed.
- Two dressers (three to four drawers)
Helping a Neighbor
A mother (age 60+) and son (40+) need housing. She is working and lives in an in-law, he is homeless. They are a Chinese family with deep roots in our community. If someone can house them in San Francisco at below market value, please call or text Calvin Chan at 415-420-8180, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
1. Blessing KCA families and Lafayette Elementary School Staff
: We are putting together care packages to bless KCA families and Lafayette staff this Christmas. If you would like to make a donation toward the purchase of items, please do so by December 13
. Please designate "KCA care packages" and the amount in your giving.
2. Zoom Sessions
: Taking a short break from our weekly Zoom sessions to connect with our KCA kids through other activities. We are planning for at least one more large group session before Christmas. Stay tuned!
3. Volunteering: A wonderful opportunity to connect with the children in our community! Please contact Ann Kawauchi.
Send Us Your Thoughts!
1. Church Services: How are things looking from your end? To help us adjust and determine the best path forward for future services, please contact:
- Roberto Chong (email@example.com) - Questions about in-person services.
- Melvania Ha (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Issues, questions, or preferences for digital media/platforms.
2. How Are You Lately?
Share your thoughts and feedback in this brief survey: English | Chinese
3. Group Activities for Fellowship or Outreach
: If you have an idea, a teachable talent or know someone who does, please tell us.
- Bible Study: Wednesdays, 8:00-9:00 pm, led by Thomas Cheng via Zoom. New believers or those interested in participating are welcome! Contact Hannah Cheng at 415-823-0173 to join.
- Cell Group Meetings: Fridays, 8:00 pm, via WeChat/Zoom. Contact Hannah Cheng at email@example.com to join.
- Bible Study Series: Stay turned for the next series in 2021!
- Life Group Meetings: Life groups are connecting through various ways during COVID. If you are interested in contacting a Life Group leader, want to start a new group, or just have questions, please contact Dan Fong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 412 Club (Children): It looks like the 412 Club families have been busy; for the winter quarter, we will skip over the lessons. 412 Teachers will continue to connect with the children offline. Families should expect mostly phone calls or snail mail. For questions, email email@example.com.
- Impact (Youth): Connect with Pastor Jonathan. Fridays, 8:00 pm, via Instagram.