Copy
District 16, Area 14 News
In this edition:
1) Minutes-September 7, 2019

2) Announcements-Delegate and Area Chair in town,
Assembly, Spaghetti Dinner


3) November 2 agenda items-send in your suggestions now. 
   
Please announce in your groups-
The district needs support.
There are over 30 corrections and treatment centers that need materials. 
Please consider this when sending up 7th tradition contributions. 
Address below
*
   Be Of Service
District Meeting 5:30 PM, 
1st Saturday, except month following an assembly, Living Sober Group meeting place

620 W. Duval St, Lake City

(Behind Boy Scout House) 
Next Meeting, 11/2, 5:30
No Meeting in October !
You Can Help Carry the Message........
  • Corrections  (Jails, Prisons, Detention Centers)
  • Treatment   (Re-habs, Hospitals, Shelters)
  • PI/CPC   (Public Information, Cooperation w/Professional Community)
  • Remote Communities   (7 counties in this district-3 have no meetings)
  • Special Needs  (Helping the disabled get the message)
  • Archives   (Preserve the history so that others may enjoy)
  • Grapevine   (Promote our meeting in print throughout the district)
  • Literature   (Help to make our recovery material available)
Help needed everwhere. 

Alcoholics Anonymous
District 16, Area 14 News ! 

Minutes


District 14 meeting minutes, Sept 7,
LSG meeting room, 5:30 pm

Meeting opened  with the serenity prayer 

Visitors from Area 14-Carl (registar) and Linda-Offered many great ideas and suggestions for-valuable to all service committees

Officers Reports

Secretary Stacey Mae - read the minutes from old business, Aug. 7, no discussion,
motion to accept as read and passed

Treasurer Albert P - reported bank account opened, checks printed,  current balance $110, new PO BOX 2684 Lake City, FL, 32056 (Sharing the LSG box), donation by LSG, name of group on check book: NFAA Group District 16, Area 14 AA, Thanks to Scott M for the great assistance

Registrar Dustin C - reported attending Orange Badges workshop, Call Wanda group name change to The Macclenny Group, meeting finder app. updated and working better, all groups and district 16 officers and service coordinators have been registered with GSO, informational packets, GSO says informational packets will be mailed by X-mas, IE., 4-6 weeks (registered apx. Aug 12) 

DCM/Chair Ralph K-Visited Branford group (9th Tradition Group)-not registered, further visits planned, visited Call Wanda Group twice and attended business meeting wherein group name changed to The Macclenny Group, group registered and discussing “sending up”  7th tradition contributions, GSR, Tyler very helpful-group has been registered with GSO and group number to be assigned. The Macclenny Group will be in district 16 by group conscience, this group has asked the question about %’s $$ to be sent up to district, intergroup, area and GSO-this question has also been asked by other groups, Ralph offered that we should have a position on this question,  further discussion in new business. Bridging the gap discussed-short workshop after meeting. “Wearing multiple hats” IE., serving on multiple committees is common in the smaller population districts. 

Service Coordinator Reports

Accessibilities (Special Needs)-Leanna has stepped down, Ralph stepped up-passed. Albert offered that “signing” for the communication impared is important. Ralph offered that the American with Disabilities Act was important.

Archives Arlene L - reported receiving donated BIG BOOK Edition 2 1955, from Rosemary W. , Live Oak Group, it was announced that LSG would be making an AA library in the little room in the corner, security of archival material discussed

Corrections-Sue R and Francis M  - 28 different detention facilities in district-county jails and state prisons combined-male and female, overwhelming task,  help needed, George/Jorge agreed to serve on committee, Dustin to arrange for meetings in Live Oak jail, Ralph volunteered to take a meeting there,  Sue requested $12 ( accepted and PASSED) for brochures for a planned mailing program to decision makers at these facilities, communication with these decision makers in progress 

PI/CPC - Gary stood for Alternate - PASSED, Ralph suggested small 2 pamphlet literature stations be placed at area hospital and ERs for starters, Fred reminded to ask for permission, A chair is still open for this position

Remote Communities -  Remains OPEN

Grapevine Arlene L - Dressed in purple to promote Grapevine (cute) , planning, will purchase items needed for workshop and save receipts for reimbursement, visiting other groups, she has received her informational packet (Grapevine functions apart from GSO services)

Literature Fred S. - reported any literature can be purchased through him at no cost for shipping 

Treatment -Steve & Tyler (Co Chairs) Need to have kits (4-6 weeks), resistance from Meridian, contact Veterans rehab services suggested, working on list of facilities in district, suggested to contact local doctors and hospitals for treatment center referrals, domestic abuse shelters suggested as a resource, Editor's Note: Where are the rehabs? More work needed here. Ideas, please contact, Steve, Tyler, or Ralph

New Business – How much to send up to GSO, Left up to group conscience suggested, Fred suggested %’s $$  as suggested by GSO literature-TABLED, Ralph announced surgery pending, Arlene stood for alternate DCM/Chair, PASSED, Current Practice-need to form committee, Arlene expressed interest-TABLED  

Announcements
Quarterly Assembly, Sept. 27,28,29 St. Augustine, Delegates and Area Chair, Annette and Ruth to speak at LSG meeting, Sept 21, 8PM, Lawtey Spaghetti dinner-Arlene asked if this group was in district 16 for purposes of a grapevine display-geographically it is and has many members that participate in district but the group has chosen to affiliate with district 14, However it does have members who have volunteered to serve on corrections committee, district 16

Motion to adjourn 6:31, PASSED

Next District 14 Meeting: NOV 2 (No meeting in October-quarterly assembly week prior)

Thank you,
Ralph K.
DCM/Chair, District 16, Area 14


Click Here to Contact Ralph or call (305) 407-0895
*7th Tradition contributions can be sent to:
NFAA Group District 16, Area 14
(C/O Living Sober Group)
POB 2684
Lake City, FL 32056
 
 
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

 






This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
None · PO Box 4334 · Dowling Park, FL 32064-1539 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp