Thank you to everyone who picked up a wishlist item for families in need! Gift of the Season items should be returned unwrapped to the CHMS lobby beginning Monday, November 29.
- Please return the neon wishlist index card with your gift.
- A gift card can replace any wishlist item (suggested amount $30-$50 per card).
If you would still like to participate we can use Walmart gift cards, books (all ages), family board games, hats and gloves (all ages) or grocery gift cards.
Thanks for making the holidays bright for local families in need!
-Stephanie Hammond and Nancy Koschik
The CHMS PTO is excited to offer “High School 101” on Wednesday, December 1 from 7:00 – 8:00 pm. Presented by our high school parent panel, this virtual event will share insights and insider tips to help transition students (and parents) to HCHS.
All parents are welcome! Eighth grade parents are particularly encouraged to attend and learn from experienced HC parents who have transitioned with their children from CHMS to HCHS. Much of the session is Q&A time with our panelists.
- Want to know the best places to drop or pick up students?
- How about when to avoid 55th street? The difference between getting stuck in a traffic jam and a quick drop is within 5 minutes at 8:30am.
- What’s the difference in rigor between regular courses, honors and AP?
- How do you balance sports with academics?
- What is the program of studies/course catalog? Where to find it?
- Ask your questions on December 1st!
Parents attending past High School 101 sessions have found it invaluable for learning the ropes and grey areas of Hinsdale Central. Please join us!
Or use the following info to login:
Meeting ID: 917 5047 2242
Save the date, 8th Grade families!
The 2021-2022 CHMS/D181 Eighth Grade Graduation Ceremony will be held Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 6:00 pm in the Hinsdale Middle School Gymnasium.
D181 will be adhering to the appropriate safety protocols for all attendees at that time. More information and details will be provided nearer the event.
Parents and Students:
Do you or someone you know have extra epinephrine (EpiPen) trainers to donate for Health class? Health teachers would like to have more training devices (any brand) to provide students with hands-on learning for their first aid unit.
Bring your extra trainers to the main office to give to Mary, Carmen or Debbie. EpiPen trainer donations welcome and appreciated at any time!
District 86 and The Parent Network Committee present: What Is Executive Functioning?
This outreach event is especially beneficial for students with 504 or IEP plans, or for anyone who struggles to help their child stay organized. Expert speakers will discuss strategies to help students thrive, even when transitioning to high school and college.
Please join us on Tuesday, December 7 from 7:00 – 8:30 pm at the Little Theater at Hinsdale South High School.
Click HERE to view the event flyer.
Help support the arts in our community and the youth of d181 by sponsoring the restoration of the Windhover sculpture. Visit www.hmspto.org/windhover for more information on this community-wide partnership between d181 and the HMS PTO. Click HERE to view Windhover Restoration sponsorship levels and help make a lasting contribution to the arts!
Thank you to everyone who helped make our CHMS Book Fair a success! We raised $2,100 to be used to purchase new books for the school library. A huge thank you to the 25 parent volunteers who helped during the four days of the book fair. We couldn’t have done it without you!
For an updated CHMS Sports and Activities Calendar click HERE
Monday, Nov. 29
- Gift of The Season wishlist items due this week in CHMS lobby
Wednesday, Dec. 1
- PTO Parent Panel speaker event “High School 101: Insider Tips to Successfully Transition to HCHS” (virtual) 7:00 – 8:00 pm
Tuesday, Dec. 7
- Parent Network Committee presents: What is Executive Functioning?
7:00 – 8:30 pm at the Little Theater at Hinsdale South High School.
Wednesday, Jan. 5
- 8th Grade Family Night at HCHS