CHMS is partnering once more with Hinsdale Community Services to help local families in need this holiday season!
On Monday, November 15 interested students may pick up an HCS “Wish List” during their lunch period. Details and labeling instructions will be included on each list, so be sure to hang on to them.
All unwrapped gifts should be returned to CHMS the week after Thanksgiving Break. If you have any questions, please contact Nancy Koschik or Stephanie Hamman at email@example.com.
Get a jump on your holiday shopping- before the best items are gone!
Stop into Vintage Charm in Hinsdale or Clarendon Hills on Tuesday, November 16. When you mention CHMS, Vintage Charm will generously donate 10% of your purchase to the PTO. You can support the CHMS PTO and find some great gifts from a local favorite.
Vintage Charm Clarendon Hills – 22 S. Prospect Ave.
Vintage Charm Hinsdale – 52 S. Washington Ave.
Hours : 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
The book fair is back! It’s the perfect opportunity to browse the new releases and pick up some gifts. Running from Tuesday, Nov 16 – Friday, Nov. 19 in the CHMS foyer. The book fair will be open for shopping before and after school, and students will visit during their LA/ELA class periods as well. Be sure to stop in!
Mark you calendars for our annual high school parent panel that shares insights and insider tips to help transition students (and parents) to HCHS. We will be virtually hosting our guest panelists Wednesday, December 1 from 7:00 – 8:00 pm.
All parents are welcome! Eighth grade parents are particularly encouraged to attend and learn from experienced HC parents who have transitioned with their children from CHMS to HCHS. Much of the session is Q&A time with our panelists.
- Want to know the best places to drop or pick up students?
- How about when to avoid 55th street? The difference between getting stuck in a traffic jam and a quick drop is within 5 minutes at 8:30am.
- What’s the difference in rigor between regular courses, honors and AP?
- How do you balance sports with academics?
- What is the program of studies/course catalog? Where to find it?
- Ask your questions on December 1st!
Parents attending past High School 101 sessions have found it invaluable for learning the ropes and grey areas of Hinsdale Central. Please join us!
THANK YOU to everyone who donated to the food drive to benefit People’s Resource Center! The food drive initiated by CHMS 6th grader Brayden W. successfully wrapped up November 12th and our Eagle community filled Brayden’s boxes to the top!
To learn more about the People’s Resource Center, including ways to continue offering support, click HERE.
A huge thank you to Klaudia Zapol for providing the new landscaping in front of CHMS this past weekend! Klaudia dug in to teach and guide Eco Club members, Chase B., Nate B., and Martin K. through this endeavor on Saturday morning.
For the updated CHMS clubs & sports calendar click HERE
Monday, Nov. 15
- Gift of the Season drive begins
Tuesday, Nov. 16
- CHMS Book Fair Begins
- Shop and Share at Vintage Charm (Hinsdale & Clarendon Hills locations) – 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Wednesday, Nov. 17
D86 8th Grade Parent Meeting – “A Parent Guide: Beginning A Successful Transition to HCHS” (Hinsdale Public Library)
- Special Education and IEP Supports Presentation – 6:00 pm
- General Presentation – 7:00 pm
Monday, Nov. 22
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
Tuesday, Nov. 23
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
Wednesday, Nov. 24 – Friday, Nov. 26
- Thanksgiving Break – NO SCHOOL –
Wednesday, Dec. 1
- PTO Parent Panel speaker event “High School 101: Insider Tips to Successfully Transition to HCHS” (virtual) 7:00 – 8:00 pm