ONE WEEK LEFT TO ORDER! Catch the school spirit and purchase your gear now!
Click HERE for your Eagle gear!
The CHMS digital directory is now available for PTO members on both the Membership ToolKit app and website. It is recommended that you download the Membership Toolkit app to your phone and enable notifications.
- In the app, from the Welcome screen, select the hamburger drop down in the upper left corner, select the Settings gear icon, Communication Settings. Set your Announcement Preferences. You can select email, app notification or both email and app notification.
- On the website, go to My Account, select Communication Settings and set your Announcement Preferences. You can select email, app notification or both email and app notification.
If you missed the deadline to verify or edit your directory information, there is still time to edit your family’s information before the directory goes to print. Please verify your information by Wednesday September 8. After the 8th, we cannot guarantee changes for the print directory.
Check your listing and make changes HERE or the Membership Toolkit app today. Have questions or issues? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our team of all-stars! We are still in need of a few committee chairs to ensure that CHMS can have these events and activities.
- 8th Grade Graduation Ceremony (7th grade parents needed to plan/organize)
- 8th Grade Graduation Dance
- PTO Speakers (parent education)
- School Supply Kits: Co-Chair (shadow current chair in spring ‘22 to help transition for 2022/23)
- Pizza Wars Talent Show
- Turnabout Fundraiser
Thank you to our new school supplies chair, Lori K!!
Click HERE to see more details on the open committee spots and to sign up!
Hello 6th grade and new families! We’re thrilled to welcome you to CHMS. Please join us at the Salt Creek Club on Thursday, Sept. 30 from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. for food, drinks, and fun (adults only).
Evites went out Tuesday morning; if you are a 6th grade parent or new to the school and did not receive one, please contact email@example.com.
RSVPs are required.
*We will continue to monitor covid rules and protocols…this event is subject to change.*
The Community Speaker Series, presented by D86, D181 & the D181 Foundation, is excited to announce it’s 2021/22 season!
All of our speakers will be presented as a Zoom Webinar.
Tuesday, October 5 – 7:00 p.m.
- Jamil Zaki – The War for Kindness: Building Empathy in a Fractured World
Tuesday, February 2 – 7:00 p.m.
- Ron Lieber – The Price You Pay for College
Wednesday, February 2 – 9:30 a.m.
- Ron Lieber – How to Talk to Your Kids About Money
Tuesday, April 5 – 7:00 p.m.
- Jessica Lahey – The Addiction Inoculation
Please click HERE for more details.
CHMS teachers and staff are excited to welcome back long advisory time as part of our 2021-2022 schedule. Teachers and students look forward to this time in the day to team build and explore important social and emotional learning topics. Please click HERE for an overview of the middle school themes and competencies that will be covered this year!
The CHMS Jazz Band is back this year! Jazz Band is a small group that plays a variety of different styles of music including swing, rock, latin, pop, and funk. This is an audition-level group and has openings for saxophones, trumpets, trombones, guitars, string bass, piano, and drums. Auditions will take place on Thursday, September 16 and Friday, September 17 before or after school.
To sign up for an audition time, please click HERE
For more information about the Jazz Band, click HERE!
Please reach out to Mr. Morong with any questions regarding Jazz Band or the audition process at firstname.lastname@example.org
National Hispanic Heritage Month is observed September 15 to October 15. We would love to hear from students who might be interested in helping CHMS celebrate this special month! It’s a great time to enjoy, share and learn about hispanic culture in our country. Please contact Ele Santini at email@example.com for more information.
Our PTO Newcomers Committee members had fun meeting new faces at our informal gathering last Tuesday!
Missed it? Not to worry, as another casual get-together is already in the works. More info coming soon!
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The CHMS cross country team hosted the first meet of the year at Prospect Park on August 31. Over 170 student-athletes are part of our team! Way to go, Eagles!
Monday, Sept. 6
Thursday, Sept. 9
- Cross Country D181 Meet @ KLM 4:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 13
- Cross Country Home Meet @ Prospect Park 4:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 28