Look! January is National Eye Care Month!
National Eye Care Month is celebrated every year in January for one reason: caring for our eyes.
Regular check-ups are the best way to look after your precious peepers. In the meantime, here are some potential signs that may indicate a child has a vision problem:
- Complaints of discomfort and fatigue
- Frequent eye rubbing or blinking
- Short attention span
- Avoiding reading and other close activities
- Frequent headaches
- Covering one eye
- Tilting the head to one side
- Holding reading materials close to the face
- An eye turning in or out
- Seeing double
- Losing place when reading
- Difficulty remembering what was read
And a reminder for parents and students alike: always be sure to give your eyes frequent breaks from electronic devices!
For popular eye health topics and other info, visit nei.nih.gov