Dear Valued Patient,
Premier Medical Group is actively monitoring the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Our team is closely following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
We are focused on the health of our patients & staff and we have a strong plan in place to ensure that we are available to care for our patients.
We encourage patients experiencing symptoms (fever, new or increased cough, and new or increased shortness of breath) to contact their provider's office before their scheduled appointments.
Effective Monday, March 23rd:
As an added precaution during this time, all internal medicine and pediatric offices will begin scheduling well patients in the morning session and sick patients in the afternoon session. This will allow ample time to fully clean and sanitize the offices. Specific guidance is as follows:
Patients who do not have chills, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath and who have the following types of visits, will be scheduled prior to 1:00 pm including:
- Annual Wellness Visits
- Routine Follow Up Visits
- Patients (over age 65 and/or those with co-existing medical conditions)
Sick patients (fever, chills, cough, sore throat, sneezing or shortness of breath) will be scheduled after 1:00 pm. If you have fever, cough, sore throat or trouble breathing, and you have your own mask, please put it on before entering our facility.
Very shortly, each facility housing PMG offices will set up a central patient temperature testing station in the lobby outside of each office.
Also, over the next few days, Premier will set up the capability to schedule patients for telemedicine visits. This will reduce the number of patients with flu-like symptoms from entering our physical office space. In addition, we will be establishing separate office space for patients with respiratory issues to be seen.
Pediatric Walk-In Hours:
In order to minimize the chance of exposure in our Pediatric Department, we are temporarily suspending Pediatric Walk-In Hours at both of our Pediatric locations (Poughkeepsie and Fishkill), Our Poughkeepsie Pediatric office will also be utilizing both their well and sick waiting rooms to separate patients,
We all have a role to play in the containment of the virus. Please heed the following recommendations and urge others to do the same:
- Avoid any contact with individuals exhibiting symptoms such as coughing, fever, or shortness of breath.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often and avoid touching your face.
- Practice social distancing and keep a reasonable distance from others:
- STAND - 6 feet away from the front desk.
- SIT - 6 feet from other patients in the waiting room when possible.
- PATIENTS who are instructed to wear a mask and refuse will be asked to leave the building.
- GUESTS OF PATIENTS will be asked screening questions for Coronavirus. Guests who are positive for risk factors of virus will be asked to wait outside the building.