Welcome to Week 3 of the Boat Club Bulletin, our weekly email during this period of lockdown while the club remains closed.
The Big Interview with Tommy Bowe has been added to our YouTube channel and can be viewed by clicking here. All of our past and future videos will also be available on YouTube for those who do not have access to Facebook.
Our monthly draw was done on Friday night live on Facebook and can be watched back on our club page.The winners were as follows:
1. Jim Morgan £100
2. John Emberson £100
3. Pamela Bellamy £25 on bar card
Congratulations - the winners should e-mail email@example.com with their bank details to transfer the money.
We are beginning a new feature called “Get To Know Me” and our first high achievers are a rower and squash player:
Name: John Dullaghan
1. When did you start playing your sport?
2. Who was your first hero or inspiration in your sport?
First hero was Jonah Barrington and greatest inspiration was my Dad Jack, who played a mean game of squash
3. What is the best thing you enjoy most about it?
The complete release from everything when on the court.
4. How often do you train or practice at the Belfast Boat Club?
2/3 times per week.
5. What is your best achievement to date?
Winning the Irish Open Masters
6. What are some of your goals for the next five years?
Compete in British & European Masters and win the Home Internationals with the Irish team.
7. Who do you have around to support and coach you?
We’re very lucky at The Boat Club, squash players are like a small family who always appear to offer advice and support, be it Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh or Nottingham the lads and girls are almost always around to cheer you on. The Dullaghan family also offer direct feedback - regular critics who don’t hold back!
8. If failure was not an option what would you love to achieve in your sport?
Win European Masters titles.
9. What are some of your other favourite sports or hobbies?
Tennis, although essentially my squash technique on the tennis court causes great frustration for opponents.
10. Why would you recommend your sport to anyone else reading this?
Nothing comes close to the feeling you have coming off a squash court after a tough game - as the winner of course!