Young Conservatives for Energy Reform Newsletter
YC4ER has had a very busy this summer with events around the country, which included a great event in Chicago with our Illinois YC4ER Chapter in June. Special guest speaker was our good friend General Richard Zilmer. We had over 100 Young Republicans in attendance at the Hubbard Inn. General Zilmer spoke about the importance of clean energy from a national security perspective. I would like to personally thank Angel Garcia, Brenden Seyring and Natalia Pogrebna, our Chicago team, for a job well done.
YC4ER co-hosted a clean energy reception with the Christian Coalition of America at the RNC Convention in Cleveland at the Hard Rock Café on Monday, July 18th. Our co-sponsors included Ohio Conservative Energy Forum and Defend Our Future. There were over 400 guests in attendance at the event. The theme of the reception was to educate and promote clean energy to the delegates, alternates and guests of the convention. We were thrilled to have many speakers which included Senator Larry Obhoff (R-OH), Senator Dave Biswas (R-MI), Congressman Bill Johnson (R-OH), Congressman Jim Jordan (R-OH), Congressman Bob Gibbs (R-OH), and Congressman Jim Renacci (R-OH).
YC4ER was honored to be invited to the Bloomberg Media luncheon which highlighted organizations that are leading the way in the conservative clean energy field. Bloomberg Media quoted our organization in a few articles during the convention. I would like to thank Tyler Duvelius for doing a great job in heading up our advanced team on the event in Cleveland.
YC4ER was asked to speak at the American Sustainable Business Council Luncheon and Policy Forum on Wednesday, July 20th held at the Cleveland School of Law during the RNC Convention. I spoke on the importance of educating our grassroots on clean energy policies. The event was well attended and it was exciting to learn about the new technologies with clean energy businesses around the country.
Our Conservative Clean Energy Summit is coming up in September in Washington, DC. I encourage everyone to register for this exciting event with great speakers and exciting information about innovative technologies on clean energy. We look forward to seeing everyone at the Summit in September!
--- Michele Combs, Chairman and Founder, Young Conservatives for Energy Reform
Clean Energy Reception at the
RNC National Convention
Hard Rock Café July 18, 2016
We would like to thank our co-sponsors, speakers and all of our
guests for a fantastic event!
We are hosting our annual Conservative Clean Energy Summit this year on September 21st – 23rd, in Washington, DC at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill. We have a jammed packed schedule planned with many US Senators, House members and industry leaders. This event was very successful last year and brought in attendees from around the country. This year is going to be even better since it is an election year. We will take this issue to Capitol Hill making the energy issue part of the presidential election dialogue. Please email Terrie in our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://2016-yc4er-cleanenergysummit.eventbrite.com for more information or to register.
THE INNOVATION SHOWCASE
The Innovation Showcase is a new addition this year, and will serve the following purposes:
- To highlight innovation in the clean energy sector by sharing some of the new and exciting technologies and products that are coming to market during the Welcome Reception.
- To provide tangible products and concepts for attendees to support, giving them specific stories to share in their communities.
- To create opportunities for start-up companies to showcase their products, giving them greater exposure to interested consumers and legislators.
- To tie in the real jobs and opportunities that are being created by stimulating innovation in the energy markets.
- To offer the clean energy business community a chance to share their vision, during our Spotlight on Innovation segments.
- Provide opportunities for expanded discussion during related break-out sessions.
YC4ER in Action
Announcements and Events
- August - Reception with the Pennsylvania Young Republicans in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- August - Reception with U. S. Senator Kirk (R-IL) in Chicago, Illinois
- August - Reception with the New Hampshire YC4ER chapter in Manchester, New Hampshire
- September - Conservative Clean Energy Summit - Register Today!
YC4ER in the News
Today, young conservatives are playing an active role in government again by uniting to have a voice in public policy. Hundreds of young conservative leaders have been elected to local, state and federal office. We are changing policy and influencing decisions from school boards all the way to the US Congress. Add your voice to the millions across America who have said it's time to educate our citizens in order to bring about pro-business, clean energy development and legislation. You can help by joining with us!
How to get involved:
• Please connect with us online through our Facebook and Twitter pages
• Contact us about joining or starting a local chapter
• See our Talking Points for discussing the conservative perspective on energy reform with others
• Get registered to vote and make your voice heard on issues of energy reform
Did you receive this newsletter from someone else and would like to receive YC4ER updates in the future? If so, click here and we’ll add you to our mailing list.