Join our Team: Deadline is Extended!
Due to summer vacations and the Fourth of July holiday, the Maine Food Strategy is extending the deadline to submit Steering Committee nominations to July 10, 2015.
Nominees should be able to commit to serving a two-year term, participating in monthly Steering Committee meetings and assisting with at least one of five subcommittees focused on the initiative’s goal areas.
Steering Committee members serve as individuals only, and not representatives or agents of any funding source, employer or other organization.
In 2015, the Steering Committee has identified several critical gaps in its current makeup and is particularly interested in:
FMI: Email MFS to request a Steering Committee nomination form
- Individuals from northern, Downeast and western Maine
- Individuals from communities of color in Maine
- Fishermen and farmers
- Individuals with connections to Maine’s fishing communities and industry associations
- Individuals with experience in network organization governance
- Representation from state government and the private sector