I let my shoulders soften
and my gaze wander.
There will be time to act.
I settle into center,
breathing the breath of grace
offered by those thin tendrils
of grapevine air.
I am anointed by raindrops,
bathed by sunbeams
by seeing how life's daily ceremony unfolds.
This week's shop update includes a whole bunch of color experiments in all kinds of different styles as well as a restock of our Fall Leaves goddesses and gods! Also, We'Moon datebooks are ready with bonus postcards included!
NOTE: September prayerbooks for #30DaysofGoddess just arrived today and are in the shop! Still on their way are Fall Logbooks (three months in one) and October prayerbooks (well in advance). I do so hope they arrive soon! I do also have fresh "cut your own" daily practice expansion decks in the shop for September!
Another note: the etsy shop will be closed August 27-31 and there will be no newsletter or ritual video that Friday (the 2nd). We will also be having a big Labor Day sale starting on the 31st when we reopen!
This week's magic!
Blog posts and resources:
What we are...
- Just Started: Escape from Falaise (to kids)
- Almost Finished: Five Good Minutes of Mindfulness
- Just Finished: Frindle, A Clock of Stars, Sophia Rising
- Uncharted movie and the new Buzz Lightyear movie
- Training videos from "Project Next" (business class we just signed up for).
- Sandman (just Mark and I are watching this. I still welcome ideas for shows that are family friendly--we have a big age range, 7-18, in terms of what people can handle/enjoy, so a lot of shows are not good choices for all of us).
- Rain! We got a lot of it on Tuesday and it was so very welcome.
- Making new videos and settling on a class idea for the upcoming season (October Magic--stay tuned!).
- What I've created with #30DaysofGoddess. I know it has a lot of pieces, but the core practice is all about simple sacredness and I'm so proud of all I've created for this over the last twenty months.
- "Make Your Own Magic" prayerbook, fall edition, for you all to have next month.
- Holy Days companion booklet for our Goddess Magic community on Patreon as well as an audio "behind the scenes."
- Videos for a new October Magic class (registration coming soon!)
- Getting our new homeschool year off to a good start without being too pushy/doing too much (side note: epic fail on this goal this week that led to two separate days of me crying about not being able to "do it all"--for everything, not just homeschooling).
- How to balance my unquenchable inner fire and passion to create with the realities and complexities of being a small human person with only two hands.
- Writing books and how come they always end up coming last on my to-do list--how to carve out the space they need/deserve to come into being and how to give myself permission to prioritize them, while also being patient with myself.
- Self-care and how the cauldron bubbles in unexpected ways and reveals unexpected things.
- This quote: “Boundaries keep us IN our lives.” –Jenna Kutcher
- And, this quote: "Stop thinking this is all there is. . . . Realize that for every ongoing war and religious outrage and environmental devastation…there are a thousand counter-balancing acts of staggering generosity and humanity and art and beauty happening all over the world, right now, on a breathtaking scale, from flower box to cathedral. . . . Resist the temptation to drown in fatalism, to shake your head and sigh and just throw in the karmic towel. . . . Realize that this is the perfect moment to change the energy of the world, to step right up and crank your personal volume; right when it all seems dark and bitter and offensive and acrimonious and conflicted and bilious . . . there's your opening. Remember magic. And, finally, believe you are part of a groundswell, a resistance, a seemingly small but actually very, very large impending karmic overhaul, a great shift, the beginning of something important and potent and unstoppable." —Mark Morford
Looking forward to:
- Interview with Imaginarium Magazine about Walking with Persephone.
- Taking a mini vacation with our kids (and extended family) to Table Rock Lake at the end of this month.
- Wrapping up the last three #30DaysofGoddess prayerbooks of the year and being ahead with publications.
- Looking for chanterelles!
Three steps to a more magical life:
Watch what unfolds.
Inhabit this miracle.
Thank you so much for being here!
Molly, Mark, + Family
Stay connected with Brigid's Grove via: