Wishing you and your family joy during the holiday season!
The Board of Directors and staff team at Epilepsy Southwestern Ontario would like to wish you and your family a warm and happy holiday season.
We look forward to celebrating the holiday season with you and your family at our Holiday Party on Thursday, December 20 from 4:30 - 7:00 pm. Please be sure to RSVP and check our website
for more information. Don't forget your Holiday Purdy's orders are available for pickup on December 12 in London. Please arrange pickup in the Counties with your local Educator.
Do you still have a few holiday gifts to cross off your list this season? Consider purchasing one of our #purplenation scarves, or adorable Christmas cards handmade by clients living with epilepsy. Check our Purple Store for gift ideas. Unsure of what to give, consider sending a donation to ESWO in lieu of gifts for that "tough-to-buy-for" person on your list. We would be happy to create a personalized acknowledgement card to recognize the donation in their honour.
In 2018 we delivered 4 YEP! sessions, with 17 youth participants and are extremely excited to continue this program next year. All past participants are encouraged to attend our Youth Conference in March 2019 - please connect with Jayme for further details.
2019 brings a number of exciting events and ways to get involved:
Thank you to our clients, volunteers, supporters and donors throughout the year. We appreciate your support in helping us to further our mission to provide the best possible care to our clients and their families.
Have a safe and happy holiday and wishing you all the best for 2019!
From the ESWO staff: Michelle, Bailey, Melissa, Rochelle, Jayme, Reem, Emma, Scott, Amanda, Sandra, Deanna and our dedicated Board Members.
- The next sessions of YEP! (Youth Engagement Program) are starting Mondays, Jan 7- Feb 11 from 5:30 - 7:00 pm in Seaforth (Huron Perth region) at the CMHA (92 Goderich St W, Seaforth); and Wednesdays, Jan 9-Feb 13 from 5:30 - 7:00 pm in St Thomas at the library (153 Curtis St. St. Thomas)
- March is Epilepsy Awareness Month - consider starting your own campaign or initiative to raise awareness in your community.
- March 12- Skyzone London Fundraiser
- April 6 - Annual Spring Gala
- September 29 - Seize the Day Walk/Run, London
- November 1- Ghouling Pianos
- Making Mindfulness Matter - this new program is in partnership with a number of community advocates, including ESWO, and is supported by a $459,000 grant from the Canadian Institute of Health Research over a three-year period. Watch our website for more information in the new year.