Offcuts from the Board
As woodturners, we do not have much scrap, just smaller pieces that can be used together to make something larger in combination with other bits and pieces. That's what this little section attempts to produce. By adding the small parts of our activities and plans we have a combined bigger picture of opportunities to take part in within the club.
- Please take note of the change to the day that Open Shop will be held. Please refer to the Open Shop section of this newsletter.
- The Demo challenge will a tool handle of any type following Alex Garcia's demo.
- The annual creativity contest will be held at this month's meeting. Please refer to the meeting notice.
- As mentioned in the meeting, here is the link to the More Woodturning Magazine. Click on that link and you can take a look at a sample edition of the magazine.
- As a matter of notice; officer elections will be held this November for President and Secretary. Anyone wishing to serve, please contact one of the officers. (It was incorrectly stated as Vice-president last month.)
- Please refer to the "Addendum to the Offcuts From The Board" article for a continuation of this section.
- There are many ways you can contribute to the life of our club. A really good way is to partake in the Open Shop by bringing a project or turning and get a lathe going. Another way is to submit your woodturning tips also for the newsletter. (Refer to the article later.) Of course there are many other ways to put your enthusiasm into action. You can ask any officer for direction. There are many practical ways to be involved. A simple way to help is to come early to the meeting and help set up the room for the meeting and/or stay afterwards and help clean up. Either or both are appreciated.
Keep turning safely and we’ll see you at the meeting.