GreenHouse Internships Now Available!
Why intern at The GreenHouse?
At The GreenHouse, you will gain first-hand experience working in a low-income community, addressing the needs and challenges of its youth. Interns at The GreenHouse impact students through program development, staff support, tutoring, mentoring, and leadership development.
Elementary Program Intern (4 hrs per week)
- Intern will support The GreenHouse elementary after-school program by: Preparing and facilitating group literature lessons, preparing small-group math enrichment games and projects, work directly with a small group of students who need extra support on homework and other academic activities, lead, supervise, coordinate academic and artistic enrichment workshops during “Fun Fridays,” and assist with projects to increase program efficiency.
Teen Program Intern (4 hrs per week)
- Intern will support The GreenHouse Director of Youth Programs with teen after-school program, including: Preparing vocabulary lessons and interactive learning games, developing team-building and leadership development activities; coordinating workshops, and working as a mentor and tutor with Jr. High and High School students.
- Related majors for both internships: Linguistics, English, Mathematics, Psychology, Community Development, Sociology, Social Work, Human Development, Human Services, Family and Consumer Sciences.
Please contact GreenHouse Community Liaison Josiah Gorter at email@example.com, submit a volunteer application and cover letter, and complete an interview by: September 12th for Session 1 or January 9th for Session 2
In the cover letter address:
- What skills do you believe you could contribute as an intern at The GreenHouse?
- What are you hoping to gain from interning at The GreenHouse?
Accepted interns will be required to be fingerprinted and attend a training session.