To all members of the Hobart Real Tennis Club
Summary of key points from the December 2021 Committee meeting
The Committee held its latest meeting on Thursday 9th December 2021 with the following provided to Club members as a summary of key outcomes.
- New Committee member Peter Burnett was welcomed to his first meeting.
- The Committee noted the very successful AGM and Awards Night, and thanked the Events team, Nick and Brett for the arrangements for the evening, and Club members for their strong support.
- After careful consideration of the risk circumstances, the Committee approved an updated Covid-19 Policy to have the Club in the best possible position as the Tasmanian border re-opens on the 15th December. The updated policy is:
- All persons 12 years or older must be fully vaccinated, or have a certified medical exemption, to enter the Club. Those under 12 years may enter whether vaccinated or not.
- Everyone entering the Club - members, guests, staff, prospective members, contractors and suppliers - must use hand sanitizer and check-in using the QR Code located at the entrance door. If they are unable to check-in using the QR Code, they must register using the Attendance Registration book at the counter.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that they and any guests they wish to invite are fully vaccinated and adhere to the Club’s COVID-19 policies.
- Physical distancing and adherence to prescribed density limits are to be maintained.
- No-one is to come to the Club if they are a close contact, have tested positive for Covid-19, are meant to be isolating, or feel unwell including having any cold or flu like symptoms.
- The Club will not be open to the general public until further notice.
In addition, perspex shields will be installed along the front counter.
- The Committee approved a new Club Award that will be about recognising outstanding contribution to the Club by a member. Using the current working name of “Club Member of the Year Award”, further details, including options for the name of the award will be finalised by March for inclusion in next year’s Awards Evening. Suggestions from Club Members for the award name or how it can operate are welcome.
- The Committee also examined priorities for the coming year for the Club Building and identified the following as the main items of focus:
- Guttering and downpipe upgrade and replacement
- Foyer heating
- Monitored fire alarm system
- Court floor resurface
- Investigating options for court wall maintenance
It was also noted that the Mens Change room is in pressing need of repair in relation to a
number of respects.
As always, members are very welcome to email any ideas, issues or concerns to the Committee, either to the President (email@example.com) or the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ray Brown, President